What drives a business?
Management? Culture? Reputation?
All are right, and lets be honest, it does depend what business we are talking about. I personally believe that there is 1 department, that stand at the front lines of a company. They are the face, the public image, they are also normally the loudest in the office.
I am of course talking about the Sales Team. Without them, the rest of you are not getting the work, well you are getting less of it at least.
Sales is not a job you can be educated in at school or university, sales is personality, quick thinking and strategy. I am currently on the look out for a Sales Manager to join a relatively new business, but due to recent investment, the sales department is about to go through some hefty expansion. This company offer SME's a digital platform not seen before, and as a result, they have been awarded the Google Partnership accolade, which means you know this is BIG!
You will join the Sales Director in shaping the company's sales strategy. You will need to know your thing when it comes to formulating a successful sales team for a digital platform. You do not have to worry about sitting behind a screen barking orders, we all know the best sales managers remember what its like to be in the thick of it, and you can get in the middle of it and lead your team by example, proving you know your thing! This is not all about setting KPI's and watching the sales numbers go up. You will need to implement resources, training materials and systems across the business to aid the team and company. I wouldn't want you to waste your glowing personality either, it's a shame just to share it with your colleagues. Developing and maintaining regular contact with key influencers and partners is going to keep you ahead of the curve when it comes to emerging sales strategies and opportunities.
I do not like to provide a tick list of requirements because there are so many variables, so use the following as guidelines.
- High performing sales manager, experience in digital services sector advantageous
- Proven experience as a Sales Manager, creating and developing a sales function from scratch.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence reliably and successfully at all levels of an organisation.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing and evolving environment.
- Significant experience in sales with a demonstrated successful sales record of high value sales activity in a B2B environment.
- Ability to instil a hunger to reach and exceed targets
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
Do you want to hear more?
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'