Brilliant opportunity for a Commercial Sponsorship Sales Manager with consumer-event experience to join a fun and fast-paced exhibition and live event organiser on an automotive consumer exhibition.
You’ll need to be a “heavy-hitting” sales professional with a strong track record in exhibition / sponsorship sales and, ideally, a passion for motoring.
You will be responsible for leading the sales team across sponsorship, stand sales and working to generate new as well as retain client business.
You will need to be able to create bespoke partnership opportunities for brands to participate in the event in a creative way. You will also come up with new revenue generating ideas and opportunities that will grow the sales revenue.
- Design and implement the sales campaign and communicate effectively to the rest of the team
- To identify and close new business opportunities
- To source new leads for the event to create, build and maintain sales database
- To achieve (and where possible exceed) revenue targets
- Use initiative to help develop revenue potential
- To fully understand and absorb the features and benefits of all the company’s products and services and be able to present them
- Create sponsorship proposals
- Produce daily/weekly/monthly reports on progress
- To spend effective time on the phone, generating new business prospects by cold calling and developing relationships with existing accounts
- Organise and plan meetings with key contacts
- To successfully organise and attend all relevant industry and competitor show opportunities
- Manage all floor plans, contracts, the database, sales mailings, sales letters, bespoke proposals, sales reports, activity reports, features, and input into the strategy and content of the show
- Manage key accounts and work closely with operations and marketing to ensure that all key elements of sponsor agreements are implemented
- A minimum 3 years’ experience of exhibition / events sales
- A solid background of sales campaign management
- Confident on the phone
- Personable in face to face meetings and presentations at management/board level
- Must show initiative – be proactive and able to work independently
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, resilient, determined, assertive, good objection handler, capable of working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong planning, organisation and time management skills
- Assertive team player capable of dealing and working with strong personalities
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communicator, authoritative and credible diplomat/ambassador
- Resilient and determined; problem solver and decision-maker
- New business generation, accounts sales and account management experience
- Salesforce proficiency desirable
- An all-rounder, able to transfer seamlessly from major account handling one minute to cold calling smaller clients the next.
- Whilst not necessarily an experienced motor enthusiast, you must demonstrate an empathy with the market and the intelligence to learn and infiltrate the market quickly
Why this is a great opportunity:
- You'll be working on a high-profile, successful car event - a dream opportunity for a motoring enthusiast
- The salary on offer is up to £40,000 plus 25% bonus – depending on experience
- This position is based in Central London
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job