Classified Advertising Sales Manager - Publishing
Events and experiences that win hearts, minds - and awards. We create them, develop them and deliver them. Down to the last detail. And from humble beginnings as a team of 10 back in 2003 (we're Media 10 for a reason!), we’re now a line-up of over 250 of some of the most talented people on the planet. Humble as we are (no really) we have the entrepreneurial heart & soul of a start-up combined with the gravitas that comes from our 15-year track record of creating industry 'firsts' & delivering excellence. Our knowledge is unrivalled, our passion infectious and our parties legendary! Above all, we're committed to transforming brilliant ideas into award winning content. And because we’re a truly independent company, we’re able to give our people the creative freedom that’s led us to being one of the most decorated companies in the industry.
Classified Advertising Sales Manager -The Role
We are looking for a new classified advertising sales manager to join our Publishing team to help forge lasting and beneficial partnerships. Working in a fast paced environment you will need to work with pace and adaptability, whilst ensuring successful and accurate proposal delivery for your clients. You will need to be a self-starter who is competitive, creative, influential, persuasive and self-confident. You will be working across a roster of enviable ABC audited monthly titles (Good Homes, OnOffice, Grand Designs, Gurgle and Icon) and as much you love winning new business, you’ll enjoy nurturing and inspiring your team to replicate your success in equal measure.
What you can expect as our classified advertising sales manager, day to day:
- Ensuring monthly advertising sales targets are achieved across online, print and tablet
- Manage the Classified Advertising sales team, maximizing their potential
- Develop and grow personal client base and spend, as well as that of the entire team
- Represent the magazine professionally at all relevant exhibitions and events
- Manage the smooth commercial workflow of the Classified sections of each portfolio
- Forecast and report on sales progress and patterns
- Identify opportunities that progress the standing and profitability of the product group
- Closely liaise with each portfolio Sales Manager to develop all revenue opportunities
Our ideal candidate will be an expereincred sales executive from a media sales background ready to take the next step up, or a sales manager from a media sales background, looking for a new challenge.
As well as the career opportunity that this classified advertising sales manager role presents, you’ll get a solid competitive base salary and our sales commission structure which like us, is simple, transparent and uncapped. That’s right - so even after you’ve hit your target you’ll continue to earn - big time. We’ll pay your commission every month.
What we’ll do for you:
- Make you feel like part of a family and know your name - you’re not just a number here!
- Encourage you to develop your skills, strengths and career
- Recognise your contribution and hard work
- Ensure you get to work on the best brands in the industry
Our other benefits include:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company pension plan
- Free tickets to all our events for you, friends and family
- Free magazines from our portfolio and a 50% discount on all subscriptions
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounts in local stores
- Free eye tests and subsidised glasses
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Bonuses tied to length of service
- The Media 10 awards. Every year, you vote for the winners - who are then whisked off to an all-day lunch with our CEO.
- Two HUGE parties at Christmas and in the summer - all expenses paid. Check out our Instagram for more details.
- Fruit 24/7
- Business Development
- Media Sales
- Sales Management