My client was established over 25 years ago and is a market leader of portable lighting products. Their portfolio of products includes tooling, PPE, earthing equipment, site equipment in addition to core lighting products.
This role will be mainly office based initially & then will involve 1-2 days based on client site, with travel throughout the UK involved.
The successful candidate will be managing existing accounts within the utilities industry and working to develop new business opportunities both yourself and with your team. You will be responsible for target setting for your team - You will be responsible for a team of 9 people including 6 x Business Development Mangers and 3 x internal sales support staff and the daily running of both external and internal staff. You will be working closely with the Managing Director and the rest of the management team and will be responsible for regular reporting on team progress. You will be talking to many levels of customers from engineers to procurement managers and will be encouraged to come up with new product ideas to meet customers’ requirements.
Full product training will be given and the role will have administration support.
Day to day roles include:
- Planning of team diaries and customer visits - identification of opportunities,
- Meeting with potential and existing customers,
- Quoting for sales,
- Building repeat sales relationships where you are the best at supporting customer needs and providing the best solution,
- Maintaining contact with customers throughout the entire sales process,
- Motivating, reviewing and targeting team members to achieve set goals.
- The successful applicant should have considerable sales management experience and be used to running a sales team with a wide customer range,
- A technical background would be an advantage as would any experience of the Utilities industry or the Lighting industry,
- You will need to be confident dealing with customers both face-to-face and over the telephone and comfortable dealing with all types of customer from ground engineer to CEO,
- You should have excellent communication and relationship building skills and be computer literate,
- This is a hands-on job where the customers input is key to driving future development and sales opportunities,
- The ability to listen and turn customer requirements into profitable solutions is key to the company’s future success and you will be responsible for identifying and developing opportunities for product development from both your own customer base and within your team.
- Internal Staff
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job