- Competitive salary and benefits
- Based in Cirencester, Cotswolds, including opportunities for overseas travel
An exciting opportunity to play a key role in a rapidly expanding international school travel organisation.
Your outstanding school sales ability will ensure confident recruitment and retention of teacher and student teams for our Global Learning programmes. For the successful candidate, there are excellent promotion opportunities.
What is Global Action?
Our vision is to be the UK’s leading provider of high quality Global Learning programmes. We engage our students in Global Learning for Global Change. We provide programmes for UK secondary schools in Nepal, Zanzibar Island, the Indian Himalayas, Costa Rica and Switzerland.
Our aim is to provide students and teachers with a highly educational trip that will enhance learning around our 3 strategic aims:
- Environment: environmental issues and sustainable practices
- Poverty Reduction: to reduce inequalities
- Social Justice: through building inclusive and secure societies (eg gender equality and human rights)
The Sales Manager Role
We are recruiting a Sales Manager to take responsibility for achieving and exceeding annual Sales Targets. To our clients, you are Global Action. Based in our Cirencester office, you will be responsible for:
- Establishing school client contacts in person, over the telephone, and email to convert enquiries to sales, within sales systems, in line with KPI’s
- Creating marketing materials, e-shots, website content and manage social media
- Building strong relationships with our teachers and schools
- Presenting at student assemblies and at evening parents’ presentations
- Informing clients of key information prior to booking
- Overseeing the repeat pool of clients and securing repeat sales
- Updating databases and systems
- Travelling to overseas locations to visit programmes
- Reporting to Managing Director
Initial training in company systems will be provided, but it is essential that the Sales Manager is able to work unsupervised and under their own initiative, to meet tight deadlines.
For a dynamic individual proving successful results, there is a real opportunity to expand their responsibility within Global Action.
Attributes, Skills and Experience
- Passion for outdoor education and international development
- Proven ability to work to and achieve sales targets with enthusiasm to succeed
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills; Proven experience in how to close sales
- Tenacious, target-driven and real attention to detail
- Experience in a customer facing sales role with proven customer service skills
- Self-confident, with excellent communication skills - comfortable presenting to teachers, students or parents
- Proven experience in marketing, designing marketing materials, managing social media, budget management and good numerical skills
- Excellent knowledge of sales strategy and systems
- Team player, happy to work in a small business where everyone has to be 'hands on’
- Positive, flexible, and a proactive problem-solver
- Willing to work some weekends / unsociable hours, and travel as required (time off in lieu will be given)
- Full UK Driving License and own car
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent professional experience)
- Overseas expedition and/or volunteer experience to the Himalayas, or Africa
- Office experience within the travel industry
Closing date: 14 October 2017
Please send your CV, with a cover letter clarifying why you want to work with us, and how you meet the above criteria, to Katharine Giffard-Lindsay at Global Action.
Please note we will only be responding to those applicants who will be invited for interview. Thank you.
- Adventure Education
- Sustainable Tourism
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job