Sales Manager UK IRL: Soft Wood Products
Our client provides versatile wood-based solutions for building and housing. Their product range covers all areas of urban construction including massive wood elements, wood components and pellets. They also offer a variety of sawn timber goods. Their customers are mainly construction and joinery companies, merchandisers and retailers. They operate globally and have more than 20 production units in Europe.
They are now looking to recruit a Sales Manager UK IRL.
In this new role, you will report directly to Area Sales Director UK IRL. You are accountable for delivering the sales and profitability targets in UK IRL through your own direct sales responsibilities, and for delivering a positive customer experience.
-Build and follow a sales plan to reach the sales targets in area concerned: volume and net mill prices
- Manage a portfolio of customer accounts to achieve long-term success.
- Develop positive relationships with clients, incl. visiting customers.
- Act as the point of contact and handle customers’ individual needs.
- Generate new business using existing and potential customer networks.
- Negotiate and manage customer agreements.
- Resolve conflicts and provide solutions to customers in a timely manner.
- Report on the status of accounts and transactions
- Contribute to the local sales and product strategy.
- Set and track sales account targets, aligned with company objectives
- Responsibility of customer level sales planning and forecasting, as well as execution and follow-up.
- Monitor sales metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts).
- Manage stock and customer payment behavior to monitor operating working capital.
- Ensure credit limits are correctly in place.
- Build effective relationships and feedback customer insights to the mills, business lines and Supply Chain.
- Close cooperation with the Customer Service Center teams to serve the customers as one team
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
- Bachelor degree in business administration or other related field.
- Relevant experience in sales
- Preferably a proven track record as a sales manager or account executive in business development and managing key account customers.
- Hands-on experience in sales and with a solution driven attitude being able to deliver excellent customer service.
- Knowledge about timber business and its end-use, including technical knowledge, is an asset.
- Excellent communication and customer negotiation skills.
- An ability to deliver projects and answer enquires on time.
- Independent in taking & carrying responsibility without being probed to do so.
- IT literate: CRM software, MS office (MS Excel in particular) applications and Stora Enso systems.
- Fluent in English.
- Business Administration
- Sales Plan
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job