Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 + 30% OTE + Company Car + Mobile + Laptop + Flexible Benefits Package
Territory: UK & Northern Europe
Based: Oxford, Cambridge, London (Golden Triangle UK)
My Client offers and sells complete solutions for stem cell applications in preclinical drug discovery.
They are always interested to get in touch with highly motivated & skilled sales people.
They are a highly entrepreneurial and acquisitive organisation seeing 35% year on year growth and last year expanding their headcount from around 30 to 65.
This is an opportunity to be their first UK based sales person and really drive the business throughout Northern Europe.
The requirements of the Sales Manager
- MSc, PhD or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline such as Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Developmental Biology, Drug Development etc.
- At least 3 years’ experience in consultative scientific sales
- You must be a highly independent, motivated, skilled, organized, pro-active and an excellent team worker
- You must be a strong communicator with relevant scientific sales experience and a will to develop leads and close sales
- Good writing and oral communication skills, including excellent negotiation skills in English
- Experience with CRM and ERP solutions preferably Saleforce.com
- Preferably a native English speaker with German knowledge or vice versa
- Job Location: Preferably Cologne Germany or alternatively home office if all other requirements are met
The role of Sales Manager
- As a Sales Manager you will be part of our commercial team with a primary responsibility to manage the existing relationships as well as to generate revenue in the territory by identifying new potential customers
- Introducing the highly predictive human cardiovascular and neurological cellular assay systems for safety and efficacy testing into the market along with cardiovascular services from
- disease modelling to drug efficacy screening and providing support and customer service on these products and services
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the target revenue for the territory is achieved and will work in close
- Collaboration with other sales, Marketing, Business Development and Product Management representatives
- Develop and maintain deep product knowledge so as to be able to sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients on solutions that best meet their research needs
- Follow up on new leads and referrals generated by colleagues or through marketing activities
- Attend conferences, trade shows and seminars as required.
- My client is an established, globally operating stem cell drug discovery & development company.
- They believe that stem technology will help to get better medicines to patients faster.
- They are trusted by and supportive to scientists operating in the hiPSC drug discovery and development space, in particular for cardiovascular and neurological safety and efficacy studies
If this sounds like the role for you then please apply now!
To apply for this role you must have the right to work in the UK/EU.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
- Cell Biology
- Drug Development
- Drug Discovery
- Molecular Biology
- Stem Cells