Job Title: Sales Manager - Plant Protection Programme
Location: York, Sand Hutton
About the role
Drive sales of the services in the Plant Clinic and eDNA portfolio. Utilising proven sales tactics and account management, grow a well-established plant clinic service and expand the range of tests available by working with both industry (to find out what they need) and the development teams at Fera to ensure that efficient and effective tests are made available.
Take accountability for all Plant Clinic tests, including consideration of pricing, profitability and marketing and work with the delivery managers to ensure that the diagnostic teams are aware of the pipeline of samples coming in.
Champion commercial business growth within the programme; growing a personal network of influential colleagues willing to support and help the growth of commercial science.
Capita entered a Joint Venture with the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), and FERA provides scientific services to government and commercial customers, such as food retailers and manufacturers of crop protection products, in the UK and overseas.
FERA Science Ltd specialises in translating scientific knowledge into practical applications, such as helping to ensure food safety and quality 'from farm to fork', sustainable crop production, environmental management and conservation. It also plays a key role in the UK's ability to respond to, and recover from, emergency situations affecting the food chain and rural economy.
- Sales Management: Increase revenue through sales to existing and new customers utilising tactics in sales, account management and pricing; Bring in new customers; Upsell/cross sell to existing customers; Contact clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings; Co-ordinate and focus the sales activities of Scientists/ Account Managers in Crop Health (mirroring personal activity); Receive qualified leads from Internal Sales Team and follow up opportunity with prospective customers; Develop clear short and medium term action plans to increase sales
- Reporting: Monitor services and account performance indicators; providing weekly, monthly and annual sales reports to BDM/ HOPs, improving accuracy of revenue forecasting; Learn the Plant Clinic / eDNA services portfolio, customer base and competitors to feedback intelligence to management at key decision times throughout the year
- Client Relationship Management: Establish, develop and maintain relationships with current customers and potential customers; Lead account planning meetings with Scientists/ Account Managers; Regularly email, call and meet with customers individually or with Scientists/ Account Managers; Feedback/ meeting reports to provide feedback to wider Fera team about what is and is not working
- Internal Stakeholder Interaction: Maintain Plant Clinic/eDNA activity in CRM system to give wider Fera business best visibility of account and opportunity status and Support the Fera Marketing Team in their understanding of the marketing needs required to maximise the potential for sales
- Sales, negotiation and competitor evaluation
- Knowledge of Plant Protection industry
- Empathise with, motivate, provide sales direction to, and support a large team of Scientists/Account Managers
- Excellent communication and 'people skills'
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to understand, interpret and communicate complex services/systems quickly
- Good IT skills with ability to use computer systems & data sources effectively
What's in it for you?
Fera Science Ltd is situated on a purpose-built site close to the city of York, where our staff enjoy state of the art facilities including an onsite gym, staff restaurant, nursery (Outstanding Ofsted Rating) and free parking.
Fera Science Ltd is based at Sand Hutton, just outside the thriving historical city of York, which has excellent shopping, restaurants, music, theatres and arts venues.
- 23 days annual leave (increasing to 25 days after two years' service). A further 8 days public holiday.
- Flexible working hours
- On-site subsidised nursery
- Staff restaurant serving high quality breakfast, snacks and lunches.
- On site free car parking
- On site gym with excellent rates
- An extensive information centre
As well as a competitive basic salary you have access to company pension scheme, voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=YO411LZ&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=YO411LZ&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Account Management
- Crop Protection
- Plant Protection