We are looking for a self-motivated Sales professional used to negotiating contracts and securing business within both the public & private sectors. Your client base will be broad and include customers from within local councils, care homes, charities, ambulance & police sectors & vehicle adaptation companies. You will promote a range of Global Engineered products within the vehicle conversion sector, so a background in the likes of commercial vehicle or fleet car sales may be useful. The company has a market leading reputation with fantastic support to help you succeed.
The Northern Area Sales Manager needs to work closely with the National Sales Manager and Market Managers, as well as other departments, including, engineering, production, customer support & supply chain, in order that the most robust solutions and products are found for this company's target market. You will proactively contact and visit the existing customer base, as well as being able to identify and secure new business.
- Source, generate, develop and maintain sales in an assigned territory ensuring that sales budgets are met or exceeded
- Work closely with the National Sales Manager to create Sales budgets and Targets, identify New products requirements and establish market needs
- Be able to work with customers at all levels within their organisation and with a variety of outlets from specifier to end user
- Negotiate at all levels and with a clear picture of the financial viability of the sale in today's aggressive market, being aware of possible competitors and their sales prices and/or tactics
- Decide on any discount awarded to any one customer for bulk or loyalty purchasing
- Excellent sales ability with a proven successful sales background ideally selling a technical product within the public sector
- Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Be able to identify and assist customers requirements to offer the correct product for their individual needs
- The ability and the inner self-confidence to demonstrate all company products in a professional manner IT literate and fully confident in the use of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- To be available for occasional evening and weekend engagements such as exhibitions and conferences
- Full, clean, UK driving licence
Working Hours: 8.30am to 5pm with flexibility as required
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job