We are delighted to recruit on behalf an impressive, reputable and well-known brewery business in North Yorkshire who have recently experienced rapid growth. With further exciting plans ahead, they now require a Sales Manager to join their expanding team. Reporting to the Head of Trade Sales, you will manage the Local Direct sales team, with the main aims being: To deliver and exceed volume and profit targets within the Local Direct channel; To champion the Local Direct channel and, with the help of the team, implement and devise a strategy to grow market share; To manage and grow Sales and Profitability of key regional customer groups; To support Pub Groups / Wholesaler customers within sales area. Specifically, this will involve:
- Managing the Local Direct sales team of up to 3 people.
- Hitting and exceeding volume and margin goals set for Local Direct channel.
- Building distribution of brands within the customer base including NPD.
- Maximising marketing funds to drive sales and margins.
- Conducting regular key customer reviews to identify opportunities and maximise performance.
- Identifying customer development and partnership opportunities to ensure ongoing new business development.
- Achieving factored brands budget - volume and profit
- Working with the Finance team to achieve credit control targets.
- Providing volume forecasts especially for promotions and sales drives to Brewing team.
- Conducting field visits with Local Direct team to ensure they are effectively managing their territory and customers, achieving targets, gaining new business etc.
- Identifying training needs where necessary..
- Maximising new business opportunities within territory
- Goal setting & monitoring - manage account volume growth, track targets and have a plan for the year with regards to building volume within existing accounts.
A sales background is key, preferably within the Brewing or closely related industry. You will have strong interpersonal, influencing and persuasion skills, with the ability to work with a broad spectrum of internal and external contacts, and should provide evidence of working in a team and influencing others. Proof of achievement of delivery in a commercial environment, excellence in both planning and implementation, achieving commercial advantage and building relationships is essential. You must also be computer literate, educated to a minimum GCSE level, possess good presentation skills and have a clean driving licence.
Although the Head Office is based in North Yorkshire, this position will be mainly field based. Interviews are due to take place imminently, you are advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, you will also be given a company car, pension, laptop, phone and other benefits.
N.B. Due to exclusivity, applications via other agencies will be redirected.
- Field Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job