Sales Manager - Automotive Electrification - Powertrain
Job Description For Vacancy No: 240575B
Consultant: Mike Bryan
Company Profile: Our client is a world-class provider of engineering, technology, project innovation and strategy for the global automotive, transport, defence and energy industries. With a century of delivering value, they employ over 2,500 professional consultants, engineers and staff world-wide.
Job Position: Sales Manager - Automotive Electrification - Powertrain
Location: West Midlands, Cambridgeshire or South Coast
Job Status: Permanent or Contract
Job Profile: You will be responsible for driving the sales, within the Electrification side of the business. This will be achieved by having a thorough understanding of the Commercial Vehicle, Off-Highway & Industrial industry, including industry trends, financial measurements, key players and competitors, in order to develop and sell solutions that address client needs.
You will be seeking a move into a dynamic and challenging environment that will broaden your experience and reward you with increased levels of responsibility and ownership.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
You will be a degree qualified engineer with substantial industry experience with an OEM, supplier or engineering service provider.
You will have a strong technical background and direct experience of highly technical selling of products or services. In particular experience of powertrain electrification is required.
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate:
- A track record of technical sales within at least one of the market sectors
- Experience of powertrain electrification
- Preferably direct experience of product development in this sector
- Proven skill in defining and developing winning value propositions, with the ability to develop strong, long-lasting customer relationships at senior level and profitable revenue streams
- Credibility in a wide range of customer situations
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage multiple leads
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation and liaise effectively with key stakeholders in the relevant groups to drive greater business value
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- Fluent German in addition to excellent English
- High degree of flexibility and willingness to travel, roles expected to include 60% of time out of the office talking to customers
- Robust character with a strong drive and motivation to succeed
- Great patience in dealing with client and team stakeholders in a wide range of dynamically changing situations
- An ability to work under pressure and very tight timescales
- An appreciation of, and an ability to positively resolve, issues arising from different cultures
Planning sales strategy and in many cases leading customer contact for business streams in your region
Establishing relationships with our target customers in your region and ensuring they are aware of all our capabilities with a focus on growing our electrification business
Understanding the needs of the target customers and outlining attractive value propositions that meet their needs, and feeding these back as RFQs to enable the business to develop compelling proposals
Feedback from market and clients to support development of technology strategy and product offerings to customers
Developing and maintaining client network and relationships with senior level customer counterparts (Chief Engineer level and above)
Overseeing project delivery as "customer friend", and effectively communicating the Voice of the Customer within the company
Understand customer buying process and being the main point of contact for customer purchasing and engineering and technical teams
Salary: Up to £95,000 per annum depending on experience plus Company Car allowance plus Bonus. This role could possibly could be available on a day rate for the right candidate.
- You will be a degree qualified engineer with substantial industry experience with an OEM
- supplier or engineering service provider.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'