Working as a Sales Ledger Assistant, you will be an integral part of the Finance department working as part of a team of five. Responsible for raising invoices / credit notes and updating the ledger on a daily basis and assisting the credit controllers in the chasing of overdue debt. The key objective of this role is to reduce overall debt and maintain an acceptable level for the debtors.
- Create new accounts in line with the company process
- Raising Invoices/Credit notes and updating the ledger on a daily basis
- Dealing with multi-invoices for large clients across multiple divisions
- Generate and distribute sales invoices, including bank upload and inputting on customer portals
- Processing credit card payments
- Pursuing overdue debts by telephone and letter
- Prompt resolution of queries received via letter, telephone, fax and email
- Create and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers
- Preparation of necessary documentation for credit note authorisation
- Issuing of subsequent credit notes
- Prompt emailing of monthly statements
- Maintenance of pricing information
- Ad-hoc work/projects as requested by management Key Skills Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues throughout the company and throughout customer organisations
- Strong academics with A-C grades in core subjects at GCSE level
- Demonstrable knowledge of Sales Ledger and Credit Control processes and procedures
- Have a professional attitude at all times
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office package, in particular Excel
- Pro-active team player with the ability to work unsupervised using an organised and methodical approach to meet deadlines and KPI's and solve problems
for further information please contact Edward Jukes on
Recommend your family and friends to us and on their successful placement, we will give you up to £250 worth of vouchers of your choice. (T&C's apply).
Please visit our Redwood Search website to find more roles!