I am delighted to be representing a truly fantastic employer who are looking for a Sales Ledger Clerk to join their busy finance team in Antrim on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client supplies to some of the most respected names in their sector and such are a secure and reputable employer. They have been a client of ours for a number of years now and we cannot recommend them enough.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful applicant will work alongside a number of Accounts Assistants and Administrators to ensure the accurate and timely processing of financial information. You will be responsible for all aspects of the Sales Ledger, and a typical week might look as follows:
• Reconciling the company bank accounts (combination of EUR and GBP)
• Upon the receipt of a request to raise a sales invoice, checking that everything is listed and billed accurately and in line with the contract terms before being submitted
• Maintaining cash book spreadsheets
• Administration of staff expenses which have been charged to the company credit card
Monthly duties include:
• Processing company credit card transactions, invoices and payments
• Monthly reconciliation of company credit card
• Intrastat returns for acquisitions and disposals
• Issuing monthly debtor statements
Ad-hoc duties include:
• Chasing overdue invoices
• General administration
• Assisting colleagues within the finance team
This is an exciting and busy role and it requires a high degree of attention to detail.
The successful candidate must effectively demonstrate:
• A solid working knowledge of the sales ledger and general accounts administration (3 years’ experience in a similar role is highly desirable)
• Good computing skills (Accounting systems software, MS Excel)
• A high degree of attention to detail and accuracy
• The ability to prioritise tasks and meet business-critical deadlines
• A flexible attitude to getting the job done
• A solid work ethic
Get In Touch
If this sounds like the role for you and you would to discuss it in confidence, call Chris Burns on 02890 330604. You can also find me on Linked In?
Don't quite fit the bill but know somebody who does? Get in touch to hear about our Refer A Friend scheme.
*given the high number of applications we receive, we may not contact you personally if the CVs submitted does not effectively demonstrate that you meet all the essential criteria set out in the advert and the screening questions below
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business