Sales Ledger Clerk - Spider. The Regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiters are pleased to be supporting a Colchester based company in their search for a Sales Ledger Clerk. The key focus of this role is work as part of the Finance team to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained in line with internal and external reporting requirements.
They are looking for a driven, self-motivated individual who is hands on and can work under pressure, whilst working accurately and effectively.
Other key duties of the Sales Ledger Clerk include:
- Manage and maintain accounts records and issue reports as required by management
- Raising sales invoices and credit notes
- Resolving both internal and external queries
- Processing receipt and sales invoices
- Bank reconciliations
- Setting up new customers after undertaking credit checks as per company policy and deciding whether credit can be given
- Setting up appropriate Terms & Conditions and ensuring they are adhered to
- Ensure that all processing deadlines are met
- Undertake credit control via emails, letters and telephone calls
- Running off customer Statements
- Produce Aged Debt reports
- Ensuring Customers pay on time & negotiating re-payment plans
- Ensure all data is accurately inputted into systems
- Answering the phone, reading and sending emails to clients
- Operate as part of the Finance Team
- Provide cover across Finance Team roles as required
- Ad hoc reports and requests as guided by line management
Skills and Attributes Required:
- SAGE experience desirable
- Accurate at all times and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to problem solve and negotiate
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to maintain an approachable and confidential working relationships with employees, managers and senior stakeholders
- IT literate (including experience of MS Office suite)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company. On offer is salary of £20000 per annum plus onsite parking, 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health cover and pension scheme. Hours are Full Time Monday to Friday.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join this incredibly successful company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider. The Regions Fixed Fee Web Recruitment Company. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Additional keywords: Sales Ledger, SAGE, credit control
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.
- credit control
- sales ledger
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job