An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sales Ledger and Credit Control Clerk at PACT Educational Trust Limited. PACT runs four visionary independent schools in south London and is undergoing rapid growth after the opening of two secondary schools in 2013. The Sales Ledger and Credit Control Clerk will contribute to the effective operation of the Finance Office and be one of the main points of contact with the schools’ parent communities. The position comes with competitive salary and benefits and is based at PACT’s offices in south London.
PACT was founded in 1996 by a group of parents who were inspired to establish a new model of education with a Catholic ethos. Today PACT comprises four schools as well as an international student offering (PACT International). Oakwood is a co-educational preparatory school in Purley. Oliver House is a co-educational preparatory school in Clapham. Both are ranked among the Top 100 Prep Schools by the Sunday Times. In 2013 PACT opened two secondary schools (a girls’ school in Clapham Park, The Laurels, and a boys’ school in South Croydon, The Cedars).
For more information on PACT, please visit our website: www.pactschools.org.uk.
JOB ROLE AND ACTIVITIES
This is a wide ranging role that requires a working knowledge of both sales ledger and credit control procedures. You will be responsible for the maintenance of the sales ledger from the initial invoicing to the collection of the debt. The role demands a dedicated and motivated individual who is focused on ensuring that all transactions are posted accurately and in a timely manner and that full recovery of fees due.
- Raise invoices for school fees, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain sales ledger records.
- Monitor payments received and balances due.
- Collect outstanding debt by the use of telephone calls/letters and liaison with external agencies.
- Reconcile accounts and resolve all queries in respect of sales ledger transactions.
- Maintain confidentiality of the department and using discretion where necessary.
- Produce management information as requested.
- Ensure good relations and communications with all members of the school staff and community and responding politely and in a timely fashion to all enquiries.
- Undertake any other duties which may be requested by the Finance Manager.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Literacy and numeracy.
- A flexible team player with the ability to work proactively.
- Speed and accuracy.
- Willingness to learn.
- A self-starter with a positive "can do" attitude and a down to earth approachable manner.
- Ability to work accurately in a busy, demanding environment, while adhering to deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of sales ledger and credit control
- Knowledge and experience in the use of SAGE accounting package, Microsoft Office packages and database entry.
- AAT qualification, or part, preferred.
DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK
PACT Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people in our care, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any candidate for the Sales Ledger and Credit Control Clerk role must provide satisfactory references (including suitability to work with children) and undergo identity checks including a requirement to have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Communication Skills
- Credit Control
- Sales Ledger
- Sage Line 50