Sales Ledger Accounts Assistant
£16,500 - £17,500 Per Year
Full Time, Permanent
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Sales Ledger Accounts Assistant to join our client, a well established and respected business in the Mansfield area.
- Processing of daily customer sales invoicing and payments (card, cheques, BACS, Direct Debit).
- Processing of monthly auto Direct Debit membership renewals, including reviewing previous account activity, generating sales invoices and set-up of new Direct Debit payment plans, issuing documents to the customers, and dealing with communications from customers in response to renewal documents.
- Completion of daily card payment reconciliations.
- Credit Control duties which include, chasing all outstanding debtors on multiple ledgers by phone/email/letter. Maintaining accurate customer records and databases with credit control activities and communications. Monthly review and reporting of debtors on multiple ledgers.
- Additional Direct Debit duties including cancellations and amendments of exiting DDI’s, processing of Bank daily BACS messages, end of day submissions, processing of unpaid Direct Debit’s including associated credit control.
- Updating accounts software with address changes, processing copy document requests, issuing pro-forma invoices, resolving customer and interdepartmental queries, various sales figures and analysis.
- General Accounts admin duties such as filling and archiving.
- Good communication skills, telephone experience is mandatory.
- Experience with Sage Line 50 and Microsoft Excel and Word preferable.
- Experience with CSeries would be an advantage.
- Basic computer and IT skills.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Confidence and the ability to place pressure tactfully on individuals and companies who owe money, along with the ability to negotiate.
- Organisational skills and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Must have a minimum of five GCSE’s at grade C or above, including Math’s and English.
- Must have a minimum of 1 years’ Sales Ledger experience.
- Able to provide a minimum of two contactable references.
- Preferably with a full UK driving license due to location of our offices.
This is a great opportunity to work for a leading business.
If you are interested in the role please apply now.
- Sales Invoices
- Accounts Software
- Direct Debit
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job