Are you looking for...
- A employer willing to fund your regulatory qualifications?*
- A employer full committed to training and developing their team?
- A employer that will push and support your career development?
- A competitive salary with 6 monthly reviews?
- An entry level opportunity or a chance to further develop on your existing Insurance career?
If you have answered yes to the above questions then we have the opportunity for you!
We are delighted to be recruiting for fantastic career opportunities with a well known household name in both business and private insurance.
Our client prides themselves in identifying driven and ambitious individuals with a keen interest in building and developing a career in the Insurance sector.
Salaries can be discussed on initial screening and are relevant to your level of experience in the sector.
Working Hours: 8:30am - 5:30pm (Monday-Friday)
Every Other Saturday: Morning Shifts are required
Annual Leave Entitlement: 30 Days
Other benefits include: Life insurance policy, pension and increasing annual leave scale (based on length of service)
Objective of the role:
Through the provision of first class, professional and diligent client care to sell and administer insurance policies offered by the Company.
- The ability to communicate clearly, positively and effectively both orally and in writing
- To display a positive and enthusiastic work ethic and style
- To build and develop long-term client relationships
- The ability to work effectively and in an organised manner both independently or co-cooperatively as part of a team
- The ability to listen to clients and identify their needs
Overview of the Role:
- To sell and administer insurance products - taking into consideration clients full requirements
- To assist your Branch Manager in meetings, and wherever possible, exceeding Branch objectives
- To exceed client expectations in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and responsiveness through the diligent and professional conduct of your duties.
- To act in such a way as to encourage a working environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination
- To ensure that the requirements of our clients are at least always met, and to look for opportunities to exceed expectation
- To embrace and follow all internal procedures on the conduct of our business including complaints and problems
- To take responsibility for your own personal development in terms of enhancing your knowledge and understanding of the products we offer and in developing your career within the Company
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities - further information can be provided on application.
If this sounds like a career opportunity you are interested in please ensure your CV is up to date prior to application and we will try to come back to you as soon as possible.
Screening interviews to be held in Sutton (SM1 1DF), online testing also required as a part of the recruitment process.
*The hiring business will fully fund the first attempt to gain regulatory required qualifications, should the employee not pass this course they will be expected to fund any further attempts.