Our client is an established global engineering business. They are currently recruiting for a Sales & Export Office Administrator to join their Head Office in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
Sales & Export Office Administrator - Purpose
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the role will take day-to-day responsibility for sales and export administration activities within the company. This means the employee will be responsible for:
- Processing quotations and sales orders.
- Liaison with carriers for land, sea and air freight.
- Liaison with Production and Purchasing departments about verifying stock and scheduling delivery of product.
- Ensuring legal and statutory documentation requirements are fulfilled.
- Resolves order and inventory problems by investigating data and history.
- Provides product pricing information by clarifying customer request, selecting appropriate information, forwarding information and answering questions.
- Forwarding samples by entering request, arranging shipment and notifying customer.
- Archiving and recording maintenance.
- Verifying purchase requisitions and clarifying unclear items.
- Preparing purchase orders by verifying specifications and price, obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items.
- Obtaining purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers, acknowledging, monitoring and expediting orders (on a weekly basis).
- Resolving shipment errors with suppliers.
- Administration of site visitors and organisation of meeting facilities.
Sales & Export Office Administrator - Key Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have solid administration skills gained within an export, purchasing or logistics department.
- Be accurate with a keen eye for detail.
- Have good communication skills, comfortable dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Confident using Microsoft Office Suite including Intermediate Excel exposure.
- Be a supportive team member who is confident working on their own initiative.
The Sales & Export Office Administrator position is offering a competitive salary for the successful candidate.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8am - 4.30pm and Friday 8am - 1pm. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 5 days of application. Due to the volume of recent applications, if you do not receive a response within this timeframe please assume your application has been unsuccessful for the position of Sales & Export Office Administrator.
This vacancy is being advertised by Technical Prospects Ltd. The services advertised by Technical Prospects Ltd are those of an Employment Agency, visit our website for more details.
- Export Administration
- Microsoft Excel
- Purchase Orders
- Sales Administration