We are currently seeking an Area Sales Executive to join our busy journals sales team and drive forward the sales of our online medical and healthcare specific journals to existing and new customers across Europe.
What you’ll be doing:
- Focusing on the promotion our Medical journals and products to academic customers (Libraries /institutions /agents) across the UK and Europe
- Identifying opportunities for growth across your region with the objective of firmly establishing and growing the T&F Medical resource
- Providing quotes and leading negotiations with potential customers to close sales deals
- Defining and matching customer needs to our products to identify areas for further sales and revenue growth
- Building long term client relationships and becoming a trusted advisor
- Providing evidence based advice to our customers in relation to their individual subscriptions, Collection Access Fees, archival material and digital products
- Effectively maintain and update the CRM system,
- Producing regular reports on sales activity and development opportunities
- Attending meetings and conferences to build relationships and prospect for new customers
- Developing strong links with departments across the business in the pursuit of the highest possible customer service and support
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your sales experience as part of a truly global team. You will thrive working in a busy sales environment, taking ownership of and managing sales and developing strong relationships with customers across your region. In addition, you will have:
- Proven experience of working within and selling to the medical and healthcare sector
- Confidence working at all levels within medical fraternity
- Demonstrable success in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and communication skills
- The ability to keep focused on the development of new business whilst maintaining and growing existing customer holdings
- Strong consultative selling skills and be motivated to becoming a trusted advisor to your customers across the region
- To become the hands-on company expert in the sector
The following would also be highly desirable:
- Experience gained from working within the NHS / medical research industry
- Working knowledge of main European languages would be a big advantage as you will be working with customers across this region
- Experience and knowledge of the publishing industry (although full training will be provided)
This position is based at our office in Milton Park, Oxfordshire.
In return we offer: 25 days holiday per annum, a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.