Sales Executive (SME) X 2
Salary: up to £25,000 + uncapped commission
Changing the world is no easy task. But in 1999 that’s exactly what Good Energy set out to do. Its purpose is to enable people, in their homes and their businesses, to play an important role in protecting their world from climate change, by providing households and businesses access to locally sourced 100% renewable energy. Fast forward to today, and the business is now a key player in the renewable energy space, having enjoyed significant customer and revenue growth over the last 5 years.
The key to this success is the understanding that significant change can be achieved by individuals and businesses working together to make a difference at scale. "Together" has helped create a high performing team of c300 passionate, skilled and motivated Good Energy people. "Together" has galvanised thousands of consumers, business customers and renewable suppliers.
The business has recently reviewed its longer term strategy and is now poised to make its next leap forwards, focused on an ambitious growth agenda which delivers long term value for its customers, shareholders and people, enabling the achievement of its purpose to combat climate change and create a cleaner greener future for us all.
About the role
As an SME Sales Executive, you will be part of the Business SME sales team. You will be responsible for inbound and outbound SME business sales; taking incoming calls through the sales line, and following up leads generated by marketing and the website. You will also identify, qualify and close inbound sales leads received by email. The SME team is also responsible for minimising losses by proactively contacting lapsing customers to win them back. Other key duties and accountabilities of the role will include;
- Following up all marketing leads and inbound phone sales enquiries according to agreed department processes, to maximise sales and retention conversion rates
- Using own initiative to find leads from companies which match the Good Energy target market population
- Proactively dealing with inbound email enquiries for SME businesses and using appropriately sales skills to convert them into a customer
- Following up all leads generated by marketing campaigns/activity and emails received from potential customers promptly, to maximise Good Energy’s conversion, in accordance with KPIs
- Minimising Good Energy losses, by proactively contacting lapsing customers and seeking to retain them, within industry guidelines and using appropriate sales techniques
- Developing a high level of knowledge about our products and services and the energy industry
- Building and maintaining strong Customer relationships
- Supporting event-based sales activity as required
- Any other reasonable duties as required, including administration duties
You will be a passionate and driven sales professional with demonstrable experience of hitting targets and achieving results. Whilst taking pride in being authentic and following through on your commitments, you will be able to handle a large number of leads (both calls and email) and ensure the call quality stays high.
You will have experience of working in a busy sales environment and the ability to cope under pressure, ensuring that you convert as many leads as possible into sign ups. Additionally, you will have an excellent telephone manner and writing skills with a proven track record of providing excellent customer service.
Behaviours - Works in a way which role models our values:
We are straightforward in how we communicate with each other and get things done.
We are determined and resilient, overcoming challenges to realise our purpose together.
We value people’s differences and recognise the strength they give us when we work together.
In fulfilling our purpose, we aim to balance fairly the needs of our people with those of our customers, our shareholders and our futureholders.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; we are just a two minute walk from Chippenham train station and within easy reach of surrounding towns and communities.
So if you’d like to be part of this multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating your experience and suitability for the role.
Given the high volume of applications we have received in recent campaigns we recommend you apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will close the role sooner than the date specified below if we are able to fill the position.
Closing date: 14th March 2018
- Renewable Energy
- Sales Executive