Sales Executive - London Based
As the research and analysis division of the Economist Group, The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) helps leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions. The EIU is the global standard in providing quality, actionable intelligence to the public and private sector, assessing issues that impact the marketplace for over two hundred countries.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking to make a statement early in their sales career. In this role, you will become a part of our iconic brand, joining us with the specific challenge of using your unique blend of commercial bravery, an inquisitive mind, and an unquenchable thirst for success, to sell our portfolio of macro-economic and political solutions to segments such as corporate, government and academia.
You will be comfortable making calls each day, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales. You will thrive in an environment where the ability to make connections and build relationships internally is key to success.
If successful you will progress rapidly in this role, with the potential to be a senior sales executive within one year and business development manager after 18-24 months.
The objective is simply to identify and win new business. This role is tailored for a motivated hunter whose explicit focus will be to identify, contact and sell to, new clients for our portfolio of solutions. This is not an account management role.
In the role you will be expected to:
- Take ownership of the delivery of your revenue targets whilst professionally representing one of the most iconic brands in the world
- Relentlessly manage the whole sales cycle from prospecting through to close, then handing off new accounts to the account management team
- Systematically and predictably deliver your sales quota
To succeed in the role, you must have:
- A background in telesales/inside sales/customer success roles
- Experience in selling business information (a plus) - specific sector experience isn’t required but being able to demonstrate an intelligent approach to researching clients, identifying opportunities and single-handedly managing the entire sales cycle is important
- Experience of successfully selling new business in a professional organisation
- Broad awareness of the business environment
- Proficiency in excel, PowerPoint and salesforce
- Excellent English
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A passion and desire to deliver a clear financial impact on the business
- A relentless focus to consistently achieve personal success by striving to over achieve rather than simply meeting your target
- The confidence to land in the business and operate with intensity and good humour from day 1
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment for you to grow in both a professional and personal capacity as well as offering a wide range of benefits and opportunities.