Sales Executive - International Jewellery Exhibition
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global media organisation specialising in events, exhibitions and conferences. This FTSE 100 company offers excellent career development and progression and is looking for a dynamic sales executive to join one of its most prestigious UK based events.
As a rare and exciting chance to work on their premier jewellery show, you will join the the exhibition sales team. The exhibition is in its 62nd year and unites high-end manufacturers, designers, gem companies and allied services with senior level jewellery buyers at a market leading luxury trade and consumer event. Attracting over 550 exhibitors from over 38 countries and nearly 9,000 visitors, this event demands a focused team.
They are currently looking for an ambitious and dynamic Sales Executive with proven strong sales performance. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and growing revenue with existing UK and International clients and must have a tenacious can-do attitude when prospecting for new international business. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, passionate and dedicated team player.
• Selling exhibition space and value added products (both on and offline) to both previous and new exhibitors over the telephone and face to face where required.
• Source and build a database of new sales prospects via competitive exhibition attendance, and proactive use of the WWW for prospecting.
• This role will be a mixture of UK & International Sales, supporting the Head of Sales on growing the show in terms of its international reach to countries not supported by ISG’s or Agents..
• You will be responsible for managing existing customers and sales in countries where we do not currently have sales agents selling on them eg Denmark, Sweden, Norway and for attracting new business from these areas.
• This role will also support the UK sales team efforts, as you will be responsible for growing and maintaining UK letter split given.
• Keep abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales
• Pipeline management and following up effectively on new prospects and sales leads
• Attend Exhibitions events and competitor events (both domestically and internationally) thereby maintaining relationships, expanding the database and prospecting for new business
• Where necessary carry out face-to-face presentations to existing and potential exhibitors to secure their involvement
• Accurately report progress through weekly sales reports and forecast revenue projections allowing the Head of Sales to budget accordingly.
Ideal candidate profile:
This position requires a well-motivated, confident and pro-active sales professional who can demonstrate:
• Strong sales experience which must be in a relevant environment (e.g. exhibitions, publishing, B2B environment etc. Exhibitions would be preferable)
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to develop face to face sales techniques
• Strong team player and the ability to work under pressure
• Ability to prioritise and multi task is essential
• Excellent administrative skills
• High levels of professionalism with strong attention to detail
• Ability to demonstrate creativity and initiative in a sales environment
• A highly driven and enthusiastic sales professional
• A proven record of negotiating and securing new business.
• An ability to assimilate and practice key account management principles
• Strong IT skills
• Languages would be an advantage
If you are interested in this role or similar Exhibition Sales Executive roles, please send you CV asap.
We are the preferred supplier of staff, and will provide you with strong support during the interview process.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. The Career Factor Ltd is working as a recruitment agency on this role.
Do you know someone who may be suitable for this role? Should you introduce a candidate to The Career Factor Ltd who we subsequently place, we will send you a £150 retail gift voucher! Please ask your Consultant for more details.
- International Sales
- Sales Executive