My client is a leading events venue/hotel who due to expansion, are looking to recruit a Sales Executive to join their busy team.
You will be part of the events team, converting all inbound meetings and events enquiries. Demonstrating excellent negotiation skills, you will support the business development team to achieve budgeted sales and departmental KPI’s.
Reporting to the Senior Event Sales Executive, this role supports the management of the corporate diary to maximise the profitability of the department and meet all revenue budget requirements.
A strong commercial awareness of market trends including pricing, competitor activity and economic conditions is essential.
This role is responsible for converting enquiries for meetings, training, teambuilding and private events within the enquiry pipeline to maximise sales and develop all potential revenue opportunities.
Working closely with the Business Development team, you will support the delivery of the hotel budget and new business opportunities. Additionally, you will maintain and grow strong partnerships with our client base and work with the business development team to refer new accounts for the company.
This role is a revenue delivery role structured through strategic KPI’s and objectives at departmental, team and individual levels.
The period of growth will be challenging and varied, the jobholder will need to be flexible, confident in decision making, negotiation and developing strong stakeholder partnerships
We are looking for someone who can maintain a positive and calm outlook, can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, carry out instructions, be able to pay close attention to detail and a desire to provide exceptional customer service. Experience within a customer facing sales role and a good knowledge and skill set for the position is essential.
- Take incoming calls: reservations, conference and general enquiries.
- Email enquiries answered within required company standard with a strong level of English written skills required.
- Strong product knowledge of our packages and promotions, venue information and meeting room details in order to be able to make informed suggestions and upsell wherever appropriate.
- Chasing all event enquiries to meet departmental conversion targets which include calls and revenue confirmation.
- Follow-up and maintain relations with our customers establishing strong working partnerships.
- Ensure return of event contracts in a timely manner.
- Build rapport and relationships with companies and delegates to ensure we maintain and increase our share of their business potential.
- Identify and refer all sales opportunities to the business development team for future selling opportunities.
- Negotiate and close enquiries meeting the weekly enquiry conversion target.
key working relationships:
- Corporate Events team
- Sales office
- Marketing office
- Stakeholders in client organisations
knowledge skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced events office for more than two years.
- Target driven and revenue focused
- Intuitive and confident decision maker
- Knowledge of Meetings & Events sector within the hotel industry
Please note we regret that due to the high volume of CVs received we cannot give individual feedback to candidates. If you are not contacted within 5 working days of submitting your CV please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Honeypot People Ltd, is a UK-based agency providing specialist solutions within the Sales and Marketing Sector.
We operate an equal opportunities policy of treating all employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
- Sales Executive
- Corporate Events
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job