Sales Executive - Air and Sea Freight Forwarding
£35,000 - £40,000
Our client is a market leader in international freight forwarding, its network of global offices enabling door-to-door forwarding of all international ocean freight of their customers. Their range of ocean freight services covers all delivery requirements, supported by a tariff structure that is both straightforward and competitive. They also provide a worldwide network for all air freight needs, with time-defined and guaranteed services supported by preferred carriers.
They currently require a proven external sales candidate with an excellent track record in air and ocean freight sales to help them push their freight business to the next level in the North West with a base from home. You will be focussing purely on our client's air & ocean freight, as well as logistical value-added services, with responsibility for the identification and subsequent winning of medium to large key accounts, ensuring maximised profitability of such accounts. You will be currently working for a global forwarder in a similar role, looking for a fresh challenge where the future is in your hands due to the scope and scale of the company.
Your objective is to build relationships with customers in order to develop new and existing revenue generating opportunities; specifically with regard to Air and Ocean freight development within the North West Region.
To apply for the position the requirements are:
- Commercial professional with 5 years successful business development or direct Sales experience within an Air Freight or Sea Freight environment.
- Exposure to an international business structure and experience of Key Account Management.
- Good Air Freight Ocean Freight knowledge and awareness of Air and Oceanfreight markets/competitors essential.
- Strong knowledge of Far East and/or North Atlantic Ocean markets preferably gained through international travel.
- Strong net-worker.
- Clear in communications.
- Enthusiastic and positive, keen to learn and grow.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- First class attention to detail.
- Clean Driving License.