Start: ASAP - 6 months, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Skills: Sales, new business, trade advertising, media (print & online), renewals, account management, SalesForce/MSG Elan, negotiation, proposals, MS Office
A leading global information company, employing more than 8000 people across 31 countries. This company works across a range of industries providing critical business information.
The Advertising Sales Executive has responsibility for a defined territory and covers both renewals and new business. This role handles sponsorship and advertising sales to key accounts for the business across a number of industry leading brands. You will be tasked with growing accounts through up-selling, a relentless focus on call volumes and excellent account management. The Advertising Sales Executive is also responsible for soliciting and sharing feedback from the market which will help the Publisher to develop the portfolio of marketing services offered around the legacy magazine brands.
What will your working week be like?
- Manage territory revenues to meet and exceed targets
- Responsible for selling event and award programme sponsorship and marketing services across the portfolio managed by businesses Maritime Media and Events team
- Marketing services include: Event Sponsorships, Print Advertising, Online Advertising, Lead Generation Programs, Special Supplements, Custom Events, Custom Special Editions, etc.
- Responsible for generating new business and up-selling and renewing existing business to achieve overall revenue growth for the company
- Meet with and exceed expected daily call volumes
- Travel into territory and attend relevant industry events to visit clients and prospects on a consistent basis. By attending events and meeting with customers, you will help to boost the Maritime & Trade product awareness
- Generate new business in assigned territories by researching competitive transportation publications and events and personally qualifying leads
- Consult with customers to maximize value and thereby improve customer satisfaction
- Working with the relevant internal teams, he/she will ensure that the advertising and sponsorships sold are fulfilled correctly
- You should provide all contracts in a timely manner and follow up with customers if additional information is needed for execution of contracts
- Needs to follow up on inbound leads within 48 hours
- Provide excellent customer service to existing and potential advertisers and sponsors on questions that may arise - and makes sure any questions for operations/production team are transferred in a timely manner
- Actively participates in the Marketing Services sales meetings to update the team on progress.
- Enters all proposals and orders into SalesForce or relevant CRM on a daily basis to show booked orders and updated pipeline reports for all products
- Update accounts daily in SalesForce or relevant CRM with email/phone conversation notes and current contacts
Who will this role suit?
You will be a sales driven individual with a wealth of experience already gained to allow you to move into this contract and excel at what you do best - selling!
Key skills and requirements:
- Excellent communication, organizational, negotiation, and closing skills with a strategic and consultative approach
- Ability to consult with customers to assess marketing needs and provide proposals which provide clear ROI for marketing spend
- Proficiency with all aspects of products and services, including descriptions, pricing and benefits
- High energy, self-motivated, able to work as part of a team
- Take responsibility for own work, are proactive and not afraid to take on new challenges
- Must be proficient in Excel, Google Apps, and able to quickly learn new technologies
- Proficient in PowerPoint (or any other presentation software) to be able to prepare proposals for customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Experience with Salesforce and/or MSG Elan is preferred
- 7+ years of experience selling advertising, in print and online, in trade publications
- 3+ years of experience selling sponsorships or exhibition space for events
- Must have a history of meeting and exceeding sales budgets.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: New Business, Sales Manager, Account Manager, Events, Media, Advertising Sales
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
- account management
- new business
- trade advertising
- media (print & online)