Due to their continued success and growth my client are now recruiting for an experienced Sales & Events Co-coordinator.
Must have Venue or high-end hospitality, 5* Hotel experience, within a high volume, fast paced event environment. Ideally you will have Livery or Historical venue experience.
£27,000 + Yearly Bonus + Other Benefits + Fantastic Career Prospects + Working within a stunning location!
Purpose of the role
To provide effective support to the Head of Event Sales.
- Analysis and understanding of Business event mix
- Assist in ensuring the Catering Company is operating at an optimum capacity, maximising income
- Contribute to achieve and exceed where possible, the monthly and yearly sales targets set by the Catering Board
- Complete credit checks on all new clients
- Customer account management to ensure repeat bookings have been explored
- Conduct proactive/reactive phone/E-mail correspondence to potential clients, as per the pipeline
- Conduct client tastings and site visits
- Up sell additional provisions wherever possible
- Upon confirmation from a client, ensure that contracts and deposits are implemented for each event and 75% deposits are paid in full prior to the event taking place
- Create and update function sheets
- Event manage and client liaison
- Ensure communication between all relevant departments is conveyed
- Responsible for the raising of final invoices and sending to the client post event
- Use the provided computer software to accurately capture all events/enquiry data
- Attend monthly sales meetings with Events/ Front of House/ Head Chef and Finance
- Ensure that the 60 day “Customer Journey” procedure is adhered to
- Initiate commission invoices and manage client debtors
- Ensure Health and Safety information is received from the clients and associated contractors
- Assist in the coordination of Company Events whilst in close consultation with the Membership and Communications department
- Conduct show rounds of the property in a proper and efficient manner which is in accordance with standards and procedures
- Attend weekly meetings with Line Managers and Front of House Manager to identify and eliminate potential problems for the forthcoming week.
- Organise and attend client tastings/site visits for potential forthcoming events
- To event manage on all assigned events taking place
- To raise the final invoice after receiving the consumption sheet and send out to clients
- To assist the Head of Event Sales in entertaining prospective clients, as required
- Co-ordinate the function sheets and amendments using the current software package
- Liaising with outside suppliers to cater for the additional needs of the client such as AV, flowers and entertainment
- Conduct pro-active/re-active sales activities, including monthly targeted calling days and manage and record the data capture
- Be fully aware of the Company’s promotions across all market segments and where appropriate assist in the communication of such promotions both internally and externally
- Maintain a good knowledge of the company’s key competitors and their sales and development activities
- To assist the Head of Event Sales in analysis of the business and its marketing activities, as required
- Assist in any other additional duties that are beneficial to the organisations objectives
- To assist the Head of Event Sales in entertaining prospective clients
- Event co-ordination as required
- Help maintain the photograph library for marketing purposes
- Collate testimonials for future marketing campaigns and assist the marketing manager with both Google and Social Media reviews
- Experience within a Livery or Historical Venue.
- At least two years’ experience within a similar role.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Literate and Numerate.
- People person
- Interest in food.
- A desire to learn.
- Able to self-motivate
Technical Skills Required
- Versed in Microsoft Office/Excel
- A comprehensive working knowledge of both e-mail and internet.
My client is keen to interview immediately so please, send your CV today! To Lesley-lesley@maidayrecruit .co.uk 
 mailto:Lesley-lesley@maidayrecruit .co.uk
- You must have excellent communication skills
- You must have similar experience within a Venue or 5* Hotel
- You must be able to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail