A growing and ambitious organisation is looking to offer a brilliant opportunity for a talented and creative Estimator. Working alongside the MD, you will be given the chance to work on some really exciting and innovative projects. As the company progresses successful candidates will be given an opportunity to evolve as the business grows.
Our client is an award-winning organisation who specialise in innovating frameless glass solutions. They are seeking a design led estimator to enable the MD to focus on other aspects of the business. In this role you will responsible for processing and providing all initial quotations as well as liaising with the Contracts Manager to ensure a smooth installation process. This is a creative environment where attention to detail and quality underpin the customer experience. This role would suit someone who is imaginative yet focussed and able to slot into a close-knit team.
- To review each sales enquiry to determine client requirements and gather any further necessary information, including meetings with clients and architects and site surveys when appropriate
- To prepare take-off lists from technical drawings and specifications
- To obtain competitive prices from suppliers
- To cost all elements of the potential project; material purchases and deliveries, staffing, plant and equipment, etc., that will ensure efficient, timely, problem-free and safe completion of the works to a high quality.
- To liaise with CAD Technicians to produce technical drawings
- To prepare quotation/tender and contract term documents that are accurate and appropriate for the type of project and client
- To follow up quotations and deal with any post tender enquiries and revisions.
- Upon receipt of an order, to hand over the tender file to the Contracts Manager so that all elements of the project can be comprehensively planned and programmed.
- Actively keep abreast of latest developments and changes in the industry and the competitive environment in which the company operates; building regulations, products and technology, Health and Safety requirements, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation skills and telephone manner
- Highly computer literate, including familiarity with Autocad or other automated technical design software
- Strong mathematical skills
- Well organised, methodical with the ability to pay real attention to detail
- Educated to at least A Level with qualifications and/or experience in areas such as Mathematics, Design and Technology, Engineering, Architecture, Surveying, Construction Management.
- Experience in quoting projects from £2,500- £350,000
- Experience of working in structural glazing, architectural metalwork would be an advantage
- Clean driving license
- CSCS or other recognised Health and Safety Qualification, First Aid at Work certification
- Opportunity for progression as the company grows
- Onsite parking
- Optional use of pool car or generous mileage
- Range of company benefits including pension
Harvey Richmond Recruitment are acting as independent Recruiters in respect of this role.