The sales engineer will report to the head of sales and will develop multiple tasks in a flexible week. Travel throughout Germany, German-speaking and others countries frequently.
My client is a successful medium size manufacturer of miniature motor, transmission and controls. A well established and consolidated business.
Their modular electromechanical solutions are used in vast numbers of industries in many different types of applications within small, medium and large size Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) across the globe.
The Sales Engineer will:
- Travel throughout Germany, German-speaking and other countries frequently.
- Seek out and develop profitable sustainable business within the DACH region
- Build long term relationship with OEM customers across various sectors
- Research the market and produce customer, financial and executive reports
- Define, with the support of headquarters, the best solution for the customer based on our products range
- Interact with the engineering team and the sales support engineers on the follow up of the product development, samples manufacture and final customer test
- Manage the annual contract price reviews, forecast and pipelines
- Preparation of project responses and price negotiations
- Management and maintenance of the project and client data (CRM)
- Advise and initiate information about new product developments and the further development of existing products
The successful Sales Engineer will be:
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record in developing business in technical sales role; technical selling experience to OEM's.
- Commercially aware and have working knowledge of applications skills and the capability to manage projects is essential.
- Keen to uncover new opportunities with an appetite for growth and career development
- Competitive inquisitive, confident, articulate, diplomatic and communicative
- Consistent, structured, self disciplined and self motivated
- Outgoing, self-confident and goal-oriented behaviour.
- Flexible in their thinking with both a collaborative and communicative nature. Receptive to change acting as a professional ambassador for the company
- Degree in engineering (preferable electrical or mechanical), computer literacy and sound commercial skills.
- Fluent German and English language both spoken and written. Any other European language will be a plus.
Competitive salary and package on offer
- sales manager
- sales engineer