adi Group is a large, privately owned, Birmingham based multi-disciplined engineering company offering total engineered solutions to food, beverage, aerospace, defence and automotive industries.
We currently employ over 550 people in regional offices and customer sites across the UK.
At adi Group we believe our success as a business is a direct result of our core values and retaining talented individuals with a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence.
Purpose of the Sales Engineer role:
To develop the business for adi TEGG and adi Group within an allocated region by securing opportunities within our existing and future customers by securing additional revenue and profit whilst ensuring we maintain a strong working relationship.
Key Responsibilities of the Sales Engineer:
- To work closely with the TEGG General Manager and in conjunction with other Group Companies and colleagues, to develop adi Group’s opportunities at each of the above sites
- To achieve revenue and opportunity conversion aspirations in line with customer development plans
- Develop strategic relationships to grow the TEGG business as well as adi Group opportunities.
- Build customer relationships with new clients
- Forecasting sales targets and ensuring delivery
- Attending industry functions and trade shows
- Providing Market feedback to the management team
- Exceeding sales targets
- Identify and bring to the attention of your manager any training or development needs you are aware of, which would help you to improve your work performance.
- To analyse customers and assess market trends to set objectives and plan activities.
- To develop and use personal action plans, using the sales pipeline to ensure timely follow-up of ongoing work.
- To align with the customer and practice open questioning and active listening, looking for opportunities for ‘walking the plant’.
- Where appropriate, prepare and present services proposals based on the customer’s requirements.
- To be well organised and prepared for the sales discussion, focusing on effective pre-qualification and using supporting materials e.g. pre-qualification form.
- To check on the internal scheduling workbook, prior to visiting the customer, as all information relating to customer touches should be visible there.
- To apply solution selling at every opportunity i.e. diagnose, align, propose.
- To pro-actively convert proposals to orders.
- Provide exemplary service to internal and external customers/clients.
- Complete and submit Customer Care Issues Log entries to appropriate personnel for investigation.
Requirements of the Sales Engineer:
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Able to work closely with clients and their representatives
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and fault finding skills with a high technical ability
- Able to solve problems and work on own initiative
- Team player that focuses on optimising the team output
- Ability to work independently, take ownership and accountability without daily guidance
- Professional manner with strong command of the English language
- Ability to work without supervision; use own initiative and solve problems
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and negotiate with people at all levels
- Have a proactive approach with the ability to work without supervision take ownership, accountability and make decisions without daily guidance
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Sales Engineer role then please apply now!