Technical Sales Engineer
£dep on Experience
Working hours: 7.45am - 4:15pm Monday - Thursday, 7.45am to 12.45pm Friday
33 days holiday (including stats)
Profit related bonus payable if company hits budgeted profit targets
Due to internal promotion and market growth, our client has identified that the appointment of a dynamic and technically orientated Key Account Manager is now required to provide strategic Account Management direction in key sectors for the business. The role will be based at our clients site in Sheffield, although a degree of travel throughout the UK and Internationally can be expected.
The Key Account Manager will be given a high degree of autonomy and the scope of the role is expected to grow with time. There will be close liaison with the Sales Director on all aspects of the role, including the development of a successful sales strategy. The person most suited to this role will be someone who is both technically experienced and commercially astute.
The company operates in a highly professional manner and encourages a culture with high integrity.
The Purpose of the Role
This role reports to the Sales Director supported by an Administrator. You will liaise closely with all departments and take an holistic approach to the needs of the company in order to maximise opportunities, turnover, profit and utilisation of resources.
Contracts are of varying complexity can typically range from £250 to £1.5m in value.
You will be required to liaise with all internal departments of the business as well as external customers and suppliers to follow contracts through from initial costing & tender phase through to final despatch.
You will also have responsibility for account management and business development through growing the existing customer base as well as looking at new products, services and markets.
Key Skills and Attributes
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* Relationship building at all levels
* Ability to read and explain technical drawings
* Computer skills including; Excel, Word
* Account Management and Development
* Excellent organisation, prioritising and time management
* Problem solving
* Open and honest approach
* Excellent attention to detail
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Customer focussed and commercially astute
* Quotation preparation
* Order processing and management
* Experience in a customer facing / business development / Account Management Role
* A background in technically engineered products
* ONC/HNC in Engineering, Materials or Science based subject
* Experience in engineering or manufacturing environment
- Sales Engineer
- Technical Engineer