As opportunities go, it doesn’t get much more exciting than this. To lay even more foundations for solid growth we are looking of a Sales Director to oversee the management of our business development and solutions sales functions, located at our Head Office in Bridgend.
To be considered for this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate solid experience within a sales management environment. It goes without saying that you will have a clear passion for target driven sales and combined with a great business acumen, you will have all the right people skills to manage multiple sales teams and get the best out of people.
You will be responsible for supporting the team achieve its monthly sales targets through a range of sales management functions, such as KPI setting and performance management, and will work closely with the CEO to advise on, and develop successful sales strategies.
The ideal candidate will be a natural motivator, be an authoritative communicator, and have an unwavering passion for achieving targets - be that individual or within a team.
A real self-starter, you will be expected to hit the ground running, being able to make a significant and positive impact to the sales pipeline and to the teams you manage.
To be considered for this role, you must have proven credibility in a sales management position, and have over 7 years’ relevant experience in a similar position. Full training of all the RockIT products and services will be provided.You will be responsible for:
- Attending board meetings, completing actions and attending associated briefings off the back of these meetings
- Overseeing and management of the Business Development, Account Management and Field Sales Teams.
- Overseeing and management of sales teams in Bridgend, London and Manchester office locations.
- Sales strategy planning and delivery.
- Monitor measurable objectives and KPIs.
- Performance management of all sales and administrative staff
- Leading team meetings such as monthly Sales Summit meetings, monthly performance reviews, Growth Think Tank etc.
- Carrying out a variety of operational tasks to ensure smooth running of the team and all its functions.
- Assisting sales teams by attending various client and prospect meetings when the need arises.
- Planning staffing levels and working with Talent to hire and develop new employees into the teams.
- Leading employees to meet the company’s expectations for productivity, quality, and target accomplishment.
- Providing oversight and direction to the employees in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Training, mentoring, coaching and developing staff through the RockIT Academy, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Creating a culture that is consistent with the overall company’s culture, and one that emphasises the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organisation.
- Departmental business development tasks.
- Assisting the CEO in advising and developing strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets.
- Developing relationships with clients and prospects.
- Leading large Business Development deals.
- Owning the departmental budget.
- Departmental and cross-team communication.
- Providing effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance from People Operations, when necessary.
- Handling client complaints or enquiries.
- Recording statistics and the performance levels of the team and preparing reports for the CEO.
- Arranging social events and generally motivating the teams.
- Assisting in developing sales collateral and tools
- Monitoring quality across our client facing sales teams
- Assisting in setting up and managing supplier relationships
- 7+ years in a sales management role
- Proven sales experience, including exceeding targets
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Qualified to degree level
- Professional management qualifications such as CMI or CIPD is beneficial
- Uncapped monthly, quarterly and yearly commission structure
- Eligible for yearly bonus & annual pay rise
- Company car
- Annual attendance incentive
- Increased annual leave allowance for each year of service
- Company pension
- Full training provided
- Incentives, treats and outings
- Huge opportunities to progress
- Recreational games area
- Personal parking space
Salary: £40,000-£60,000 PA (with an uncapped bonus structure)
Position: Full Time
Years of relevant experience: 7+ years
Department: Sales/Board level
- Performance Management
- Sales Director
- Sales Management
- Exceed Sales Goals
- Exceeding Targets