An exciting opportunity to join a leading company in cloud security and compliance software has arisen. This role offers an excellent opportunity to grow in a positive and professional working environment in desirable offices in Reading. You will receive training to achieve your goals and future progression is very possible as the company has an ethos of succession planning.
In order to secure this opportunity you will have demonstrable experience of telephone sales or telephone marketing preferably in a technical environment or you will feel capable of taking on technical sales, your sales experience will ideally be in B2B environments. The role itself is qualifying leads provided by marketing using various methods.
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for qualifying leads generated from direct and indirect marketing campaigns. This role involves heavy call volume and email follow-up. The lead qualification role will manage the early stages of the sales process, identifying and cultivating new sales opportunities that fuel pipeline growth. A technical background is not required, but the ability to quickly master basic technical concepts is a must. As a member of this team, you will use your new business development experience, sales skills, energy, resourcefulness and enthusiasm to:
- Aggressively qualify prospect inquiries over the phone and through e-mail
- Maintain close relationships and communication with assigned Inside Sales Executives to ensure their joint pipeline and territory penetration plans are aligned and are on target for meeting quarterly goals
- Managing integrity of the CRM tool
- Follow up on and qualify all inbound inquiries generated by marketing or otherwise
The key to success in this role will be mastering how to identify and properly categorise high, medium and low value leads/accounts and document these properly and follow-up accordingly. The ability to interact with various levels of information technology professionals is essential. This will be accomplished by listening to the needs of the prospect and professionally articulating our products and value during the qualification process. This role is a technology-based presales role that requires the desire and initiative to master new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to multitask to effectively prioritise and manage workflow
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow-through/follow-up
- Must be able to work independently
- Hands-on self-starter who can bring projects to conclusion
- Aggressive outbound calling skills
- Active listener - can easily determine customer needs
- Strong business acumen
- Exceptional prospecting and qualification skills; self-starter approach to reaching target accounts and contacts
- Business related experience in telemarketing or telesales.
- Track record of consistently meeting high call volume requirements.
- Hands-on experience utilising a CRM system to manage leads, contacts, and accounts.
- Must be a positive high energy team player who is self-motivated.
- Detail-oriented with strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- Exceptional verbal communication and objection handling skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong computer and Internet skills with a high aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Network security background a plus. SaaS background a plus.