Benefit Cosmetics UK - Sales Development Manager North Yorkshire
This role will involve managing 10-12 Concessions (This area will cover Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Northallerton, Durham, Stockton on Tees, Harrogate, Darlington)
As a confident and dynamic individual, you will maximise all sales opportunities throughout a geographical area by developing and coaching the Counter Managers and Beauty Consultants. Leading by example, your strong people management skills will assist you in driving the business in 10-12 stores across your Area. Main responsibilities include monitoring and analysing sales, managing performance, recruitment, training and development and new store openings.
• To discuss retail sales targets for each store with the Counter Managers and monitor and analyse weekly / monthly / quarterly retail sales to ensure actual in line with forecasts.
• Analyse new product sales ensuring all opportunities are being maximised.
• Analyse and assess productivity ensuring that all teams are using Training practises.
• To recruit all potential Counter Managers and Beauty Consultants to company methods.
• To monitor and analyse the effectiveness of recruitment in line with stability figures, LTO and training figures.
Training and Development
• Identify and meet training needs on the area liaising with Regional Sales Manager and Training Manager where needed for additional training support.
• Increase Area performance by continually coaching and developing the team of Counter Managers and Beauty Consultants.
• Ensure all team have regular Store Visit forms completed with measurable objectives.
• To build and retain good relationships with our Retailing Partners ensuring that we are all working towards shared goals and best practice, and that we maximise their support in the field.
New Store Openings
• Liaise with Marketing to ensure that all new stores are supported.
• Discuss FTE for every new store with Regional Sales Manager and recruit the positions in good time.
• Meet with all New Store Management with the Regional Sales Manager prior to opening to present the brand, philosophy etc
• Ensure that the New Store Opening Check list is used, when opening new accounts and the critical path is adhered to, with particular emphasis on recruitment.
• Hold quarterly meetings with Counter Managers to ensure that all new processes are implemented and best practice is being followed.
• Speak daily to Regional Sales Manager gaining guidance and coaching on dealing with business issues and reflecting on the day’s achievements.
• Liaise with wider Field team and Head Office, ensuring that people are kept informed of what they need to know.
• To ensure that all retail expenditure is in line with budget.
- At least 5 years commercial retail experience
- Area management experience, or Senior level management experience within a Department Store (e.g. Sales Manager, Dept Manager)
- Strong people management skills
- General employment law knowledge
- Good commercial awareness & business acumen
- IT Skills - Excel intermediate
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good planning & organisation skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Confidence with make-up application
- Flexible to change
- Ability to challenge
- High Energy levels
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job