JOB TITLE: Sales & Customer Services
- Must have a good / confident telephone manner
- Must be computer literate
- Must have excellent numeracy & literacy skills
- Must be able to work well/efficiently under pressure
- A basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are preferable but not essential
RESPONSIBLE TO: Line Manager(s)
HOLIDAY & SICKNESS RELIEF: Other members of the Sales Team
PURPOSE OF JOB
To maintain and contribute to increasing company turnover and profit. To service requirements of customers in terms of the supply of products and/or information, in an effective and efficient manner.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESDUTIES
Organisation & Administration
- Work in a flexible way to respond to the needs of the company and to fulfil other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the role as and when required.
- To ensure all external enquiries are dealt with appropriately and in a professional and courteous manner, including referrals to relevant parties, in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. This includes prompt answering of telephone calls.
- Process sales enquiries and orders, ensuring all relevant information is gathered from the customer and recorded and actioned appropriately and with the minimum of delay.
- Be aware of and utilise all company stock to fulfil immediate customer requirements and any replenishment of company stock to be carried out by, or in liaison with, the Operations Manager.
- To liaise with manufacturers/suppliers as necessary under the direction of your line manager, including instances where specific technical queries arise.
- Compiling and presenting of reports utilising Word, Excel or our Interprise stock control system as requested by colleagues.
- Regular review and implementation / updating of customer credit limits to ensure they remain current at all times, under the guidance of the Operations Manager and Sales Office Manager.
- Processing of new customer credit account applications.
- Processing of reports received from external sales staff and producing analysis reports to management.
- General filing duties.
- Ensure awareness and compliance to Health & Safety employment rules and regulations, as contained in the "Employee Handbook".
- Ensure all quality procedures encompassed within ISO 9001 are adhered to at all times, specifically with respect to dealing with enquiries, processing orders and liaison with customers and suppliers
- To be willing to undertake training and professional development / training as required.
The post holder may be required to undertake additional tasks, roles and responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned to them by the management team.
This job description is not exhaustive but sets out the main expectations of the company in relation to the post holder’s responsibilities and duties.
The post holder must at all times carry out his/her duties and responsibilities at all times within the spirit and best interests of epco limited.
This job description will be subject to regular review. It may be amended at any time at the discretion of the management team. Any changes will be communicated to the post holder.
Salary: Between £18,000 and £23,000 dependant on experience etc.
Established in 1994, epco is a major UK provider of thermoplastic piping who has grown to become one of the leading specialists in the supply of industrial plastic pressure pipe systems in both PVC and ABS.
We are managed and staffed by people with many years’ experience within the plastics industry. Our team reflects our commitment to excellence in terms of product knowledge and customer service.
We also offer the following benefits: -
- Annual bonus.
- Free on-site parking.
- Free beverages / hot-drinks / kitchen facilities.
- Holidays in line with industry average subject to Full-time or Part-time position.
- Auto-enrolement pension contribution scheme.
- Death in Service benefit scheme.
- Long term sickness income protection scheme.