We are seeking a friendly, confident and bright Sales & Customer Service Co-ordinator to join our client, a well-established engineering firm in Bury St Edmunds on a full-time, permanent basis. This is a great opportunity to join an established firm with a real 'family feel’ to them, in a role that has real progression opportunities attached to it!
Our client has been trading for over 20 years and are a global leader in supplying and buying quality used food processing and packaging machinery to the food industry. They are a stable company, with around 25 members of staff; and have a large, well-kept facility to work within.
Based in the small yet busy sales department, the Sales & Customer Service Co-ordinator will be responsible for dealing with all incoming enquiries to the department, ensuring the customer has a positive and professional experience, as well as supporting the sales team with their administration too.
The main duties and responsibilities will involve the following:
- Answering incoming calls to the sales department; dealing with enquiries in a professional, polite and friendly manner. Taking messages where necessary, finding out information for customers, and transferring calls to relevant colleagues
- Assisting the Sales team with their administration; responding to emails, assisting with sales orders, invoicing and quotations
- Contacting customers when asked to do so by the sales team, to confirm details, arrange deliveries, or keep them updated as to the progress of their order
- Inputting of data and notes onto the firm’s CRM system
- Assist with any other duties related to sales and customer service, as requested by the team and/or managers
- Take an active interest in learning about the firm’s customer, products and services to better your own knowledge and give the customer a better experience
This is a position which will eventually progress into a Sales Executive role for the right person, so it is important that those wishing to apply are happy to progress and learn as they go. Full support and product training will be given, but initiative, enthusiasm and truly excellent customer service skills are essential in order to be considered.
We are also seeking the following skills, experiences and attributes:
- High standard of spelling and grammar. Confident using computer systems and writing professional emails to customers
- A friendly, professional and upbeat telephone manner. A 'can-do’ approach with excellent customer service
- Great attention to detail - must be a good administrator with a strong aptitude for data entry
- A logical and common-sense driven approach - if you don’t know, ask!
- Previous experience in a similar customer-facing role where you deal with customers over the phone and via email - ideally within a sales environment
- Confidence in dealing with customers from all around the world and dealing with different types of enquiry; not easily flappable!
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, please apply toKate Dyer with an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Due to the high volume of CV’s we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East) to hear about all of our latest jobs!
- Computer Systems
- Food Industry
- Food Processing
- Packaging Machinery