Pivotal sales and business development role with trusted local business
We’re looking for a driven sales and business development consultant with plenty of tenacity, creativity and people skills to help us grow our thriving business further. The right person will have proven experience in business development and sales, will know how to turn leads into sales, and will have a determined and resilient attitude to help them smash their sales targets.
Providing outstanding service for our customers lies at the heart of our success and we need someone who will share our commitment and be happy flying the company flag with customers, prospects and at industry conferences and events. We need someone smart, reliable and totally hands-on to get the job done to an exceptional standard.
You’ll be working as part of a team but will also have a great deal of autonomy, using your skills and experience to create new business opportunities outside the channels we already work in. You’ll be adept at generating interest and converting that into solid leads and sales, identifying new markets and products, and controlling projects effectively. You’ll be commercially minded and an outstanding communicator, both on the phone and in writing, with the presence and influence to really capture the imagination and bring people on board.
We offer a supportive environment and are committed to helping our people develop and progress in their career. If you have the relevant skills and experience and think you share our approach and our standards, we look forward to hearing from you.
Required Experience and Aptitudes
The ideal applicant will have:
- Proven experience in a sales or business development role, ideally in a similar sector
- Superb, persuasive communication skills
- Excellent organisational, administrative and IT capability
- A self-motivated attitude and a compelling determination to succeed
- The confidence and assurance to approach new markets and create opportunities
- Technical understanding of our industry to increase specification and quality of our products as well as the vision to conceive new product ideas
- Robust decision-making and risk assessment skills
- A committed, team-focused attitude to benefit the entire business
- A hands-on approach and a flexible mindset, able to solve problems and dive in to help others where needed
- Excellent customer service standards and experience
- A flair for selling combined with the imagination to identify and develop new business opportunities
For over 50 years, Yaxley-based Clark-Drain Ltd has been a pioneering, family-run force in drainage solutions in the UK and overseas. Founded in 1963 by husband and wife Francis and Dorothy Clark and still run by the same family today, we have stuck with our roots in Cambridgeshire, and continue to support the local community wherever possible. Over the years we have expanded our innovative range of products and services without ever losing sight of the values which lie at the heart of our business.
Our people and community are important to us and we make every effort to give back to them both. We continue to offer employment and development opportunities to benefit Yaxley and the local area, and we ensure every member of our staff has their voice heard. We reward our employees’ commitment and hard work well, with a personal touch we believe to be as important today as the day our business was founded.
We are a leading UK manufacturer of drainage products and access covers, supplying several leading national distributors, main contractors and end users in the UK, as well as being specified on projects in all major construction sectors. We have a global outlook, with manufacturing presence in the UK and China, and continue to lead the way in product development and service standards.
No Agences Please