An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our highly successful Health and Safety Training Department based in Portsmouth.
We are passionate about health and safety training and educating employers as to the benefits of setting high standards for their business and are seeking a confident individual to contribute to that commitment through their excellent communication and organisational skills and ability to engage with customers to promote our safety, health, environmental and lift truck training courses and services.
As one of the region’s largest and most successful training providers with a strong reputation for quality and professionalism and an enviable track record in the delivery of training and advisory services, this role offers an excellent opportunity to share in the thrill of our on-going success with the potential for permanent employment.
The key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Build positive working relationships with employers, through self-initiated or responsive employer engagement to promote health and safety courses and service
- Manage a group of 'accounts’, building customer relationships and keeping employers appraised of courses and events, through face-to-face meetings and written communications
- Lead and sales management ensuring compelling proposals are produced, managed and converted to achieve realistic sales targets
- Represent, promote and sell the Company's various services through external sales meetings, telemarketing, networking and attending relevant events/forums
- Co-ordinate the training process from diary management of the training team through to evaluating the service delivery with the employer once the training is complete
- Daily updating of our social media and web site feed of topical articles, courses, events, case studies and testimonials
- Accurate maintenance of records via our Customer Relationship Management systems
- Thrives on people interaction with the ability to engage customers and present a positive image through their self-confident and professional interpersonal skills
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills, with a results oriented drive to go that one step further to exceed objectives and goals
- Self-motivated with a 'can-do’ attitude, able to pick up a task, situation or problem and use their initiative, determination and personal drive to bring this to a successful conclusion
Required skills and expertise:
- English and Maths, to a GCSE or equivalent Grade C or above
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Strong commercial and health and safety awareness (NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is desirable, IOSH Managing Safely essential)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Sound ability to produce business communication (proposals, letters, promotions)
- A good appreciation of training within the business context
- Organisational skills specifically in managing leads and training interventions
- Adept in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
This role will be based at the PETA Training Centre in Cosham, with travel to employer, networking or key events in Hampshire. As this role requires local travel, possession of a car and a current driving licence is essential. In return, a travel allowance of 40 pence per mile will be paid.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary with excellent benefits including 34 days annual leave (includes 8 days Bank Holidays), free on-site parking, pension, generous life assurance and discretionary sickness absence scheme.
Closing date for application: Friday 19 January
Current Interview Dates: 22 and 24 January
For more information about this vacancy and an application form, please visit our website at PETA.co.uk - Work for PETA. Please quote reference HS294 on your application.
- Communication Skills
- Field Sales
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Pre-sales Consultation