£17-19,000 per annum
35 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive and customer-centred individual to join our Sales team.
We are a successful events venue located in stunning countryside on the edge of Leicestershire and Northants.We have seen fantastic business growth in recent years. However, we are not a business that rests on its laurels but one that always strives for more, as well as ways to be better.
Our success is partly down to its mix of markets. We are not a hotel, but operate as an events centre that mainly hosts group events; be that conferences, weddings, church weekends away or parties, and the successful candidate will be equally at home working across all of them.
Areas of responsibility:
- Work across all areas of the sales process from initial enquiry to invoice for all areas of the business, over the phone, by email and face-to-face
- Follow up outstanding enquiries and provisional bookings so space can be confirmed or released
- Explore opportunities for maximizing business from existing and dormant customers
- Proactively generate new sales leads, and progress leads through the sales pipeline to point of booking
- Accurately input information into the booking system
- Work across departments, when required, to continually gain understanding of the workings of our company
- Carry out venue show rounds and client meetings
- Attend exhibitions and networking opportunities, as required
- Send out contracts and quotations to groups following booking
- Liaise with allocated groups regarding the specifics of their conference/booking and relay this information to operational teams in a timely fashion
- Liaising with organisers and be involved in the meeting and greeting of these organisers.
- Flexible hours of work including weekends
- Passion for achieving sales and satisfied customers
- First class communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service experience in a similar role would be desirable
- Excellent organisation and planning
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Excellent Team player
Responsible to: Head of Sales (HofS) (Responsible to Head of Marketing in absence of HofS)
Place of work: Theddingworth, Leicestershire LE17 6QX
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'