JOB TITLE: Sales Advisor
REMUNERATION: OTE £25k - £60k (genuine potential earnings, including basic
annual salary of £15,750 per annum - incrementally rising to a maximum of
£17,409 per annum after four years, together with generous bonus/incentive
Optional Private Medical Insurance is available after an initial period of three
A £500 retainer bonus is payable for the first 3 complete months or the Sales
Advisor's bonus whichever is the greater.
HOLIDAY ENTITLEMENT: 20 days per annum, increasing by one day (after two
years' service) to 21 days, and thereafter one additional day per annum to a
maximum of 25 days.
NORMAL HOURS OF WORK (42):
- Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:00 (but this may vary in start and finish
times between 08:00 and 18:00)
- Plus one day per weekend from 09:00 to 17:00 (but this may vary in start
and finish times between 08:00 and 17:00)
- Optional lieu day off for every two weekend days worked (to be taken
during week days only, subject to rota requirements)
- One complete weekend off at regular intervals, subject to sufficient staffing
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Responding to incoming telephone enquiries generated by our extensive
marketing campaigns, the objective is to sell personal vehicle registration
numbers to enable us to maintain its position as market leader.
- To meet / exceed regularly set sales targets.
- To maximise sales by the effective handling of customer enquiries using
positive listening, questioning, influencing and negotiating techniques to
best match customers' requirements.
- To ensure that all incoming telephone calls are handled in a timely and
professional manner to meet / exceed targets for levels of productivity and
performance in the call centre.
- To develop a thorough understanding of our rules, services and processes
along with a clear knowledge of our intranet sales system.
- To deliver quality customer service, by ensuring that customers' needs are
identified, met and exceeded wherever possible.
- To embrace change and adapt positively and professionally to changes
within our systems and procedures.
- To ensure that all communication and training is fully understood and
converted to enhance working practices, levels of customer service and
- To be a team player who uses initiative and actively contributes,
participates, communicates and competes in the team environment.
- To display consistently excellent timekeeping and a flexible approach to
IDEAL PERSONAL QUALITIES, ATTRIBUTES, KNOWLEDGE &
- Strong selling, negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Good self-motivator able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Sound customer service skills
- Professional in appearance, manner and attitude
- Articulate, literate, numerate and computer-literate
- Experience of selling within a call centre environment
NB: Appointment to the post is subject to the successful completion of
our internal, ten-day induction/training programme, a six-month
probationary period, acceptable reference requests and CRB check.
- Strong selling and negotiation skills