Based in Bloomsbury Central London.
Sales & Sponsorship Executive Principal Accountabilities
- Approaching sales prospects by telephone and email, to generate attendance at events or to sell FDF products and meet income targets – focus initially on FDF’s first ever Convention
- Researching new potential targets for FDF products, sourcing contact details and adding to the FDF database in accordance with current data protection requirements
- Compiling a database list of call targets and maintaining records
- Researching and sourcing sponsors for FDF events
- Account managing sponsors, meeting existing sponsors and engaging with prospect sponsors and sponsor professional affiliates where necessary
- Engaging with other sales and commercial projects where necessary
- Providing support at FDF events under the guidance of the events co-ordinator as required
Sales & Sponsorship Executive Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Persuasive and polite, with the ability to quickly and confidently grasp the FDF offer and communicate the benefits via telephone, email or face-to-face
- Able to act as an FDF ambassador at all times
- Self-motivated and able to carry out tasks unaided
- Committed to reaching stringent targets for ticket sales and sponsorship
- Team player, flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Calm under pressure whilst appreciating key targets need to be achieved
- Good research skills, with the ability to use a variety of sources
- Excellent telephone manner, ability to maintain good humour despite challenging responses
- Excellent IT skills including use of database and content management systems
- Proven experience of working in a sales role (either paid or intern), where marketing calls and/ or regular customer contact formed a key part of the role
- Educated to GCSE level in Maths and English
- Flexibility is essential, occasional evening working may be required to support the team on-site with large events
- Previous experience of working for a trade association
- Previous experience of working in the food industry
- Sales or marketing qualification/ professional membership although please note the emphasis is on the sales element of this role.
This Company is the voice of the UK food and drink industry, the single largest manufacturing sector in the country, bigger than aerospace and automotive combined. Their membership comprises some of the biggest global brands as well as trade associations dealing with specific sub-sectors of the industry.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply by sending a CV, covering letter and salary expectations, illustrating why you are best-placed to take on the role
5.30pm, Friday 9th February 2018
In return, they offer a modern, friendly working environment in the heart of London and exceptional benefits. Salary of up to 30K.
Sales & Sponsorship Executive Benefits
This company offers an excellent employee benefits package to its employees – a pension scheme, life insurance, 25 days annual leave, eye-care vouchers and a twice a week fruit drop. After successful completion of a 6-months’ probationary period, employees will be entitled to an interest-free season ticket loan, cycle-to-work scheme, gym subsidy, childcare vouchers and private health insurance.
This is an equal Opportunities employer; aiming to recruit a diverse range of talented people our success is directly dependent on the collective contribution and commitment of each member of our staff.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job