The sales assistant/social media assistant is an essential representative of the company as they are the first point of contact for customer service at the reception providing a link between the customer, management and support staff. They will also work closely with the head of operations and PR team to create engaging content for Stubbers social media presence, including keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused, and seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences. Their role includes ensuring the client feels welcome and has a positive experience throughout their visit.
This is a seasonal position.The contract start date will be 26th Match 2018 and contract end date is the 30th September 2018.
Key Roles & Responsibility
- Assists with the management of the company social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat and other relevant platforms.
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms.
- Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content.
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation.
- Assists social media management with large projects, events, and community management.
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content.
- Works with marketing and social media team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy.
- Works with the duty manager to ensure coverage of onsite activities on social media.
- Positively support the manager and contribute to new ideas and areas for improvement to the overall product and service within Stubbers.
- To be familiar with the programmes and products offered by Stubbers Adventure Centre and be able to provide customers with the appropriate information and advice.
- To process and complete bookings on Stubbers booking system.
- To answer the phone and redirect calls as required. To take messages of a business nature.
- To reply to routine enquiries by telephone, email or mail.
- To ensure the immediate availability of documentation required for a group on check in, including; Disclosure form and Programme Evaluation Sheet.
- To manage a small cash float and receive money on behalf of the centre.
- To use the PDQ card reader or other web based platform (World pay) for credit/debit card transactions.
- To keep a record of cash and card transactions and at the end of the working day to reconcile the till.
- To ensure that the reception area remains presentable and assessable for customers and staff.
- Prepare outgoing post for despatch daily. Process and reply to incoming mail appropriate to the duties of customer service.
Health and safety
- To initiate appropriate action in the event of Fire, Accident, Lost Child, suspicious persons or security breach.
- To attend planning and staff meetings appropriate to the employment.
- To attend courses, seminars and training events as required.
- Effectively support the managers to report and comply with Stubbers Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety regulations.
May also be requested to:
- Any other reasonable task as required by Management.
Provide support to other Stubbers functions where necessary.
Typical Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven ability of, or able to demonstrate, professional use of IT, including email and the use of telephones.
- Proven ability of, or able to demonstrate, professional use of social media channels, including, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat.
- Previous experience of working within the leisure industry and able to demonstrate knowledge of current industry standards.
- Marketing or Social Media Marketing experience preferred.
- Motivated and enthusiastic with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Stubbers and its customer base.
- Neatly presented.
- 18 years old or above.
Holiday is granted at the statutory rate.
Starting rates are:
18 - 20: £5.94 per hour. 21 - 24: £7.40
- Social Media Marketing
- Engaging Content
- Leisure Industry