The Sales and Service Team
Based in our Colchester office, the Sales and Service team are a bunch of high spirited, hardworking individuals who are all supportive of each other and the goals of the collective team. This is a high performing, close knit team who really pull together when working with fluctuating volumes, system and process change to deliver the highest quality of service to our internal and external customers.
You will be providing high quality tactical sales and customer service solutions for both Broker and Direct business. The team works closely with various specialist insurance teams within Hiscox UK selling and servicing various products from loss of license to events insurance.
The role is fast paced and variable. You will be dealing with a variety of products, people and tasks including high call volumes and large number of email enquiries. You'll be dealing with existing policies by making endorsements, issuing renewals and general policy administration. Your role makes a huge impact on our internal customers by enabling them to offer our customers the best products and services.
What you'll be doing
- You'll be dealing with high call volumes with a vast range of enquiries from our customers, no two queries are the same
Liaising with internal and external parties to respond to and resolve queries within processing deadlines
On a daily basis you'll be building rapport and trust with direct clients, Underwriters, Claims Underwriters, Change Management Team, IT, Accounts, Brokers and third party suppliers
Actively identifying customers' needs and providing suitable information on request
Preparing management information reports as requested using various reporting tools and methods
Providing process improvement support and when required support for projects
Managing own workflow, diary system and mailboxes
General administrative duties such as scanning, photocopying, profiling, issuing documentation and mailbox monitoring
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in a similar role (sales, customer service, customer contract centre), ideally within the insurance sector.
- Good team player with positive and flexible approach to work.
- You will need to be an excellent communicator (telephone and email) with first class interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to people
- Clear focus on customer service i.e. a desire to service each client to the best of your ability whilst dealing with a high daily volume of new business quotations and general enquiries.
- Good analytical skills and ability to apply the skills in a variety of situations from technical underwriting to management information reports
- Ability to perform to a high standard in a fast paced, pressurised environment.
- Responds positively to challenges and change
- As well as excellent influencing skills, your active listening skills will be exceptional.
- Ability to organise and prioritise and plan workload to meet deadlines
- High level of numeracy and literacy.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
About Hiscox UK and Ireland
Hiscox UK & Ireland is a leading brand in the insurance market, recognised as setting the standards others try to emulate. We consistently deliver strong growth and exceptional returns, recruiting only the very best and empowering them to deliver best in class activity. We are known for insuring the homes of the rich and famous through to the most innovative technology companies. Our customers are diverse and unique and are only united by our ability to provide specialist insurance tailored to their needs. We like to do things differently however, and aren't what you might expect when you think of an insurer!
You can follow Hiscox on LinkedIn, Glassdoor and Instagram (@HiscoxInsurance)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job