Sales and Purchase Ledger Administrator
Contract:Permanent Full Time
Salary: Up to £18,000 per annum
Our client has come a long way in assisting educational establishments since their beginnings back in 1970. Today, they are proud to be recognised as the premier supplier of laboratory and educational products and services to schools in the UK and Internationally.
The Team are all dedicated to achieve their mission to support teachers and technicians by providing the products and solutions they require to deliver academic results and are committed to finding innovative resources to help deliver the curriculum.
Our client prides themselves on the choice they offer to their customers, providing access to a wide range of recognised brands, as well as their own range of exclusive, innovative science resources.
This is a great opportunity to work in our client's friendly, supportive and busy finance department to achieve Finance team goals and objectives. To ensure the accurate and efficient processing of financial information for Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger accounts and assist in cash and banking routines. This requires being competent in technical skills and success requires someone who has good communication skills, can pay attention to detail, approach tasks in a logical and systematic manner, can adapt and be flexible when things change and can adhere to company financial procedures.
- Process supplier invoices and credit notes
- Coordinate resolution of supplier invoice queries
- Check supplier statements
- Prepare and process month end supplier payments and remittances
- Maintain accurate supplier account records
- Prepare weekly payments for BACS run
- Send and issue customer invoices daily
- Process customer cheques and BACS payments and weekly banking of cheques received
- Produce and send customer statements
- Send copy invoices and assist customers with invoice queries
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Running the WFE Weekly report
- Running the internal daily report
- Filing as necessary including archiving
- Assistance on the annual audit
- Co-operate with the company on health and safety matters and comply with the company health and safety policy and procedures
- Co-operate with the company on quality matters and comply with the company quality policy and procedures to promote a culture of customer service excellence within the company
- Any other duties, within reason, as requested by the Manager/Team Leader
Preferred Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications / Experience
- Must have GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above, or equivalent.
- Experience in a similar accounts based role is essential
- A high degree of data input accuracy is essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with good organisational skills are necessary to be successful in this role
- Must have a confident and assertive telephone manner
- Need to be IT literate and confident using Microsoft Office applications.
- We are looking for someone who is reliable, proactive and has a common sense approach
- Must display qualities of loyalty, integrity and honesty
- Good Team player
- Purchase Ledger