Our client is a long established importer of Small Domestic Appliances and Home Textiles, supplying the UK retail market and certain International retailers.
Products are ethically sourced from China, India and Pakistan and adhere to all of the necessary Technical and Ethical requirements of retailers such as Aldi; House of Fraser; Lakeland and Wilkinsons, among others.
Looking to establish a career in new product design? We have a great role for you working for brands such as Hello Kitty, Disney, Aldi, and One Direction.
This is a small organisation of around 30 people, a good opportunity for an individual to establish themselves within a busy import office, gaining exposure on an International arena. They are a supplier and importer of a wide range of Textiles and Electrical products into the UK market.
The company have been supplying Textiles into mainstream UK retailers since 1946 and in the last 13 years, the company have expanded into Electrical Small Domestic Appliances and Electrical Personal Care.
They have 3 main divisions: Private Label (Textiles & Electricals), Branded Electricals and E-Commerce. With the recent growth of Electrical Private Label, a vacancy has arisen for a Sales & Product Development Coordinator to join the business to provide admin support within account management / product development functions to help achieve continued business growth. The role would sit within a lean structure and would suit a dynamic individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, small-company environment.
Sales & Product Development , Factory & Customer Coordinator - working across Electrical & Textiles customer own brand departments
Purpose of the role is to provide admin support within Electrical Private Label division, co-ordinating activities within sales and product development to successfully deliver continued business growth.
This is a multi-faceted role which would give the candidate exposure to and an opportunity to gain hands on experience of different functions such as sourcing, product development and account management.
The candidate would liaise with different internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis (such as far east factories & sourcing, design, technical and external buying teams) and manage product development processes such as packaging artwork briefs, sourcing briefs and critical path management.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Support with the product tendering and sourcing process
- Manage critical paths and coordinate product development related approval processes with factories, customers and technical service providers
- Create and send sourcing briefs to the far east. Work collaboratively with the far east sourcing team and factories to obtain product quotations
- Create packaging artwork briefs and manage artwork development
- Create new line forms and update costing sheets
- Conduct market research and post promotional analysis
- Take ownership and manage the product sampling process
- Assist in areas such as meeting preparation, creation of PowerPoint presentations and general account specific admin
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
The ideal candidate would be someone who is in the early stages of their career. We are looking for a flexible individual with a positive 'can-do’ attitude who would embrace taking ownership of processes and look to develop further within a growing business.
- This is a graduate level role
- At least 2 years’ retail experience within an office-based account management or buying role
- Organised and flexible with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communicator, comfortable communicating with different stakeholders
- Proactive individual with a 'can-do’ attitude and the ability to work on own initiative
- Previous experience of working directly with Far East suppliers would be an advantage
- Previous experience of working for a Homeware/Electrical supplier would be an advantage
- Computer literate - Outlook, Excel and Power Point skills are essential
- Ideally located within a 20-mile radius of the office (HP2)
What are the perks of working at this company?
- You will be part of a team and company that create cutting edge products with leading brands
- Pension scheme
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'