The purpose of this post is to lead external stakeholder relationships, events and activities. The post holder will be responsible forthe creation and implementation of an effective external engagement sales strategy of existing portfolio products and identification of market trends for delivery of social change.
A key responsibility of the post is to generate income. It is essential that the post holder meets sales targets in relation to new business.
- Develop and implement a sales engagement strategy leading to a measured generation of income based on consultancy, education and research
- Develop and implement strategic, tactical and operational plans for communications and external engagement
- Lead the design and execution of external facing activities: including PR, communications, stakeholder identification, engagement and relationship management
- Develop and maintain a high-level (typically CEOs, directors, senior academics, senior policy makers and funders) external network, both nationally and internationally, to both further research communication, external engagement and generate income
- Develop and implement new communications and external engagement policies and processes to improve the operation and effectiveness of the Institute and its associated external Enterprise business
- Plan, prioritise and organise resources of the varying external stakeholders pertaining to enterprise and research commitments, along with the identification of external resource allocation and effective use of resource to support successful delivery of project deliverables
Skills and Experience:
Post graduate qualification in a Social Science discipline with commercial experience including areas such as, but not limited to, media, branding and sales development
A recognised expert in at least one core area of social enterprise development, societal change and/or transformational travel and logistics
An experienced individual with transnational corporate experience, ideally with existing personal contacts within major agencies or organisations
Comfortable working as part of a team as well as being able to interact effectively with the public and other professionals
- Good written and oral communication skills with a wide range of people from different cultures and backgrounds
Adaptable and able to re-prioritise to meet the changing requirements of the job during the day
Ability to be adaptable to changing areas of work focus and team environment