We have an excellent role for a passionate Analyst looking to use their skills working for our IT client. Our client have an excellent reputation for looking after and working in partnership with their customers. For employees they offer a great working environment and the successful candidate will be joining a company that really look after their staff. The client offers a competitive salary and many company benefits including bonuses.
This role is based North of Peterborough.
This role is focused on providing commercially viable channel-specific insights to the independent convenience channel participants (FMCG manufacturers, retailers and wholesalers) through gathering and synthesising EPoS and other relevant data.
As a Sales and Quality Data Analyst/Manager you will be accountable for ensuring the integrity of the data, production of actionable insight reports, timely delivery of client-specific data solutions, and syndicated data products.
This role is a great step forward for an experienced Analyst looking for the next step in their career with a company who can match ambition through continued growth and development of the current role.
We are looking for someone who is analytically curious and commercially aware, with a passion to deepen their understanding of the independent convenience channel.
- Highly numerate, skilled in the synthesis of granular data, spotting patterns, trends and anomalies, with an ability to distil it down into a well-structured story with clear implications.
- Able to combine deep analytical capabilities with the big picture view and an ability to clearly and simply communicate findings.
- Strong confident presentation (both written and oral) skills and gravitas to put data and insight into business terms and persuade colleagues, customers and senior management with the insights provided.
- Keen to develop knowledge and be seen as an expert, talking articulately about the industry and stakeholder challenges.
- Able to appreciate the client’s perspective in terms of understanding how our data will feed into client’s decision making - this in turn can influence how the data is sourced, checked and supplied.
- Able to interpret clients’ requirements in business terms which on occasion may result in recommending solutions that differ from the original request.
- Motivated and organised individual with a structured reliable approach to fulfilling clients’ data and insight needs.
- Strong work ethic able to work on own initiative whilst obtaining support from colleagues and management when needed from time to time.
- Degree level education (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable expertise in the use of data processing methodologies, research, analytic tools, and data warehouses.
- Knowledge and experience of a research/analytical package and report writing tools to deliver key insights; SPSS or Tableau in particular.
- Proven experience of producing insight in the area of FMCG category management, new product development, instore sales, marketing and merchandising, and channel trade marketing.
- Experienced in a customer facing role (as this role will from time to time require supporting the senior sales staff).
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office particularly Excel
- Familiar with EPOS systems and services from experience working in an analytical retail based role (preferably convenience).
- 3+ Years’ experience working in a technical role preferably in a Linux (Debian) environment
- Experience working in a varied Database environment (utilising MySQL, MS SQL, Postgres and Redshift environments) analysing data, producing reports and exporting / providing data upon client requests
- Coding / scripting experience (particularly Perl)
This excellent role is commutable from Peterborough, Market Deeping, Grantham, Wansford, Spalding.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job