Main purpose of the job
- Sales and marketing of hydraulic control technologies to the UK & Irish markets. Main sectors are manufacturing machinery, automation, test systems.
- Provide comprehensive commercial and technical support for customer applications from enquiry through to acceptance.
- Aid in the implementation of the Company’s plan to attract and expand new and existing business.
- Maintain and build strategic alliances with key customers.
- Provide market information, sales forecast, market studies.
- Prepare and participate in product presentations to new and existing customers.
- Review technical and commercial project specifications to determine equipment selection.
- Provide quotations and participate in technical and commercial negotiation of orders.
- Manage projects and provide customers with on-going technical support.
- Liaise with German engineering department to ensure efficient project management.
- Analyse competing technology offerings and activity.
- Ability to travel throughout the UK with occasional European travel.
Key performance measures
- Orders Received
- Visit ratio
- Successful project completions
- Engineering Degree
- 5 years job experience
- Proven track record in sales/applications of hydraulic equipment and drive solutions.
- Some experience with servo drives would be beneficial.
Business/ Technical Competencies
- Good sales/application skills; ability to establish and achieve sales development objectives within a global product team.
- Technical background; good understanding of operating requirements in the industry.
- Requires a sound understanding of how clients operate i.e. processes, practices and systems.
- Computer literate in Microsoft products including AutoCAD
Interpersonal Skills Requirements
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain long-term customer relationships.
- Team-oriented multi-social-level communicator