Sales Advisor - Brewers Peckham
40 hours over 5 days
Branch Opening Hours: Monday – Friday 6am – 5pm and Saturday 8am – 5pm
Salary circa £19,000 per annum
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Advisor to join the team at our branch in Peckham to provide exceptional service to our customers in store. You will play a vital part in keeping the branch running smoothly and efficiently - experience with our products isn't strictly necessary, if you bring great customer service and team working skills to the table, we'll give you everything you need to succeed.
Our Peckham store was opened in 1997 and has been successfully serving the local area supplying decorating materials to a range of customers ever since. Although we are only a team of 5 we have over 31 years of industry experience so have a wealth of knowledge between us. If you are looking to further your knowledge and have a keen attitude to learning all about our products, you will be well on your way to being an ambassador for Brewers and serving our growing customer base to the best of your ability.
A family run business for over 110 years; we have a long history in our industry and have grown to over 158 branches nationwide. We know that our people make our business unique, and place great emphasis on the development and growth of our staff.
As the newest member of our team, you will:
- Provide exceptional service to customers in branch, to ensure quality Brewers service and standards
- Use product knowledge to provide recommendations and help customers find the best product for their needs
- Mix paint for Customers, process specialist orders, and request special stock within the Branch network
- Build relationships with customers to fully identify their needs and allow us to provide a comprehensive service
- Promote seasonal and special items, including merchandising goods in-store to increase visibility and sales
- Assisting with stock maintenance in the branch
Who we're looking for:
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, to understand and translate customer requirements into product recommendations
- Approachable, possessing an open and friendly personality - happy to help both customers and colleagues
- Enjoys working and supporting a team, but can be relied upon to work as an individual at all times
- Keen to learn, develop skills, and progress within our industry
- Basic computer skills are also required
- Product knowledge, previous retail experience or experience in a decorator’s merchant would be advantageous but not essential, as full training will be given to the right candidate
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free life assurance
- 5% of your salary employer contribution to the pension plan (subject to employee contributions)
- Profit share scheme after qualifying period
- Staff discounts
- Staff uniform
- 29 days holiday including bank holidays increasing with service
- Comprehensive Induction Programme Available
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Apply Now button on this page to complete the mandatory application form.
Please note – we have a specified timescale within which to appoint and train. This role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we are successful in finding an appointment.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks of the job expiry date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job