The Deal Desk is responsible for delivering deal analysis, deal structure guidance and overall help and support to the Enterprise, Midmarket, SMB and Channel vertical sales teams. To maximise sales revenue growth this role requires achieving the sales operations objectives and responsibilities, engaging and understanding customer requirements and helping and supporting the sales function in their activities to provide more selling time for sales. This role directly contributes to scalability and efficiency gains in many of our internal processes that impacts the overall customer experience.
The role consists of analysis of metrics, report generating, learning and development support, incentive programmes for sales, communication management, data management, sales tools for the sales toolkit, pricing and contract support, customer interactions, customer relationship management and process management. You will work as part of a global dedicated team delivering agile, smart, dynamic sales operations.
To deliver world class sales operations by smoothening the sales process and increasing productivity of sales by incorporating itself within the sales organisation to execute the sales strategy. At the same time, to increase customer experience, satisfaction and loyalty through every interaction whilst staying focused on maximising sales opportunities to increase revenues for 8x8.
- Drive the end to end lifecycle of a quote to an order for prospects, customers and partners with adherence to the policies and procedures of 8x8. Reduce the cycle time of a deal from opportunity to execution.
- Manage and support the process of creating contracts by working closely with sales to articulate customer requirements, business cases and deal values to stakeholders across 8x8. Partner with sales leaders to understand close plans and time lines for complex deals.
- Administer approval process for the most complex and high visibility enterprise sales deals to meet customer’s critical business requirements while expediting sales velocity, and adhering to 8x8’s operational policies, accounting and legal practices.
- Manage assigned deals and requests in alignment with priorities communicated by the senior leadership team.
- Assist in maintaining continuity within Deal Desk by working with the global team in completing complex tasks and meeting service level agreements (SLAs) internally and externally.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (analyse, model and recommend the best course of action); self-starter with ability to independently identify action items required in any given situation through to completion.
- Use sales performance metrics and trends to help support and drive the right activity around forecasting and pipeline building
- Help and support sales and sales leaders in the adoption of Salesforce to track and manage accounts, contacts and opportunities accurately for efficiency, reporting and data integrity.
- Maintain the Sales Toolkit to ensure that are prepared and have all materials available.
- Where necessary take inbound phone calls for prospects, customers and partners and direct to the appropriate sales team/person to provide that exceptional customer service and experience.
- Any other fair and reasonable task or duty assigned to you by your Manager, or other senior 8x8 staff member.
- Relevant experience in an analytical, deal desk, sales operations and/or operational role within Sales/Sales Operations, Marketing, or Strategy
- Has exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Can work to time constraints whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Is an excellent communicator and negotiator who can manage situations and influence others
- Can prioritise tasks especially when under pressure and set expectations accordingly
- Is well organised and a self-motivated team player
- Proficient in Salesforce.com and has a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Sales Operations