To effectively manage key sales accounts and identify opportunities to drive sales performance and exceed revenue and margin targets; to actively seek and act upon new sales opportunities.
Responsibility for the day to day effective running of key sales accounts and other associated customers.
With limited support of the Sales Manager:
- Take responsibility for the sales activity related to one of the company key accounts and other minor account’s internally/externally to ensure efficient running on a day to day basis.
- Develop and implement a short, medium & long term sales plan that achieves or exceeds company targets.
- Formulate 5 year sales forecast that will support the long term business plan.
- Prepare sales plan and agree business objectives with the Account Manager that will support ongoing business growth & profitability.
- Support Engineering department internally/externally on current business when commercial liaison is required with customers.
- Manage customer enquiries internally to ensure compliance with internal systems.
- Prepare, submit and follow up customer quotation packages and obtain feedback on market position.
- Ensure new products are sourced successfully to meet company performance targets.
- Coordinate internal/external support for major sales activity & presentations.
- Prepare & present sales figures, activity and opportunities monthly
- Attend customer sites to promote and market company products to existing customers, this will include company hospitality outside of working hours.
- Understand the company product range.
- Act and be visible internally and externally as customers’ main interface for the sales activity to ensure that we understand customers’ requirements within the Purchase environment.
- Support European sales development activity where required
- Carry out related administration and ad hoc duties for company related issues, as required.
Basic Candidate Requirements & Needs
- Automotive or technical background
- ONC/HNC level technical training/Automotive degree
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Clean Driving Licence
- Overseas travel is required
- Microsoft Office competency
Working hours will be arranged in line with the needs of the business
- Key Account
- Automotive Sales
- Sales Account
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job